2 Mark IV clips...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spirithunter

Reaction score
I will be honest to you.

clip 1= Better than clip 2 but still it sounds like a pod.

clip 2 = Very muffled.Distortion sounded weak.Seemed like you used direct recording with cab simulator or a pod,not a tube amp.

Those are my opinions.Nobody has to agree with me,nobody has same ears.
And don't forget,if they are good for you,f.u.c.k.other opinions :D

now i like it. i do like 1st clip better,but sounds to me like you captured that 80's thrash tone pretty spot on ,nice job. makes me wish i still had my MarkIV.

Sounds great. Nice and heavy sounding and not POD like at all :roll: . I really like the karaang sound the Mark IV has in the low end.

Yea i love that 80's thrash sound!
Sometime later today I will repost the 2nd clip without the added eqing and compression.

Thanks for listen and input.
8)

I like the second clip better as well. I think someone said it sounds like a POD because it has a muffled sound a little bit. How did you go about recording it? Mic? Record out?

Thank for the input guys...i am going to repost the clips without any post work done to it and see what you all think.
It could be multiple things here.
Cab speaker(V-30), mic itself and placement of mic, preamp converters,amp settings and post work.
Maybe all of the above! :lol:

To be honest i don't really hear the pod sound at all and i have owned the pod so i know first hand how bad it sounds.
But again i am right here in front of the amp itself so i am hearing it in a different enviroment.

Well this why i post clips here to help me dail in a better tone...
I have only owned this amp for a short period of time and always messing with the settings.(i love that)lol.

I take all input from the Boogie family as a way of learning and helping me and maybe others.
It is all good here and i don't feel bad about the negative input.
I don't see it that way.
Keep it honest is the only way to learn.

8)

Spirithunter said:
It is all good here and i don't feel bad about the negative input.
I don't see it that way.
Keep it honest is the only way to learn.

Finally a smart one !
Keep on working, betcha you'll find what you're looking for. :wink:

Latest posts

Back