• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2 great 1992+ Rectifiers

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elpelotero

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBTOX:IT&item=250215289888&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI
3865. Attached cord and small logo, but parallel loop.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBTOX:IT&item=230223101463&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI

Shep said:
Whats this pre 1000 sh!t there going on about..

nice amp but..

I've spoken to the seller about it already...I don't think he's a amp guru as he sells many different things through ebay. Unfortunately, this is the kind of negative effect having this term brings...

ahh this is kind of tempting. worth the BIN price though??
looks like it's in decent enough shape.

I hope someone on here buys 505 so we can find out what revision it is!...and I agree the "pre1000" term is starting to piss me off!

I'm just waiting for the "grey area" to show up in the serial# vs preamp revision debate. With a custom color, leather, suede, or chrome chassis, it could be very possible. Note the not so clean break in the C+ serial #'s that is in Mesa's past. I don't think that they were all that concerned with the collectors when they were building these first DR amps. :D

JOEY B. said:
I'm just waiting for the "grey area" to show up in the serial# vs preamp revision debate. With a custom color, leather, suede, or chrome chassis, it could be very possible. Note the not so clean break in the C+ serial #'s that is in Mesa's past. I don't think that they were all that concerned with the collectors when they were building these first DR amps. :D

Goodpoint! I'm hoping to start a database, so we can pinpoint where the revisions start and stop and to discover any discrepencies in the sn's!

Oi. I'm so sick of hearing pre1000 I could scream.

#505 looks decent though. I can't tell, but it looks like there might be something wrong with one of the trannys. In the pic where it shows the serial #, it looks like there is some melting going on or something. Anyone else see what I mean? Maybe I'm crazy...

there is nothing wrong with this amp. It's as clean and cheap as you'll see one of these animals. The transformers are normal (the "melting" is supposed to be there).

I've spoken with the seller via email a few times and he's a great guy.

I don't know how somebody hasn't hit that BIN button yet.

What if the seller wrote "post500" in his ad, would that matter?

I personally don't mind the "pre1000" term because when I hear the term, I have a pretty good idea what it is. --- I know what transformers, choke, year, and it narrows down the revision used in that era. So for me, the term pre1000 is a big help.

Just as pre500 helps us.. we know what choke and transformers it uses (same OT and choke used in the first 1000ish) ,and it helps us narrow down what the revision it is equipped with.

I have purchase recently a chrome revision F (R0659 if I recall) and I have been very tempted to try to get this one but unfortunatelly not enough money at the moment...otherwise...

I offered less (what I can afford at the moment) but got no answer from the seller...

I am so close to hitt the BIN on the 505 recto.... :p

I have to walk away from my computer before I do it!!! my ebay name is diskotheq...so you will see if I had the balls or not.

psychodave said:
I am so close to hitt the BIN on the 505 recto.... :p

I have to walk away from my computer before I do it!!! my ebay name is diskotheq...so you will see if I had the balls or not.

i know the feeling!!!! :lol:

siggy14 said:
Nice one on DC Craigslist.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/msg/574628430.html

That actually belongs to me... :lol:

I'd sell it for a little less for anyone here on the Boogie Board that wanted it.

This 505 might be REV E ?!!?!? :D (somebody better jump on this)

Silverwulf,

Nice amp bro. In resonse to my previous post in this thread, I wanted to point out that if you wrote "pre1000" in your craigslist post, most of us would have known most of the information that you provided.

Just food for though. I'm actually one of the rare few that isn't opposed to the "pre1000" term. ---because in my mind (because of the tranformers and for the year) these amps are unique.

Granted, not as unique as the pre500 -- but close enuff to have their own label.

btw, what is the serial # on your blackface? that beast is clean as HELL!!!

I also agree, As a pre-500 owner I have no problem with the pre-1000, actually you want me to be honest I think it should be the Pre-G, because all the early ones before the G where special in there own way, all limited in production compared to the final revision.

I dont think C was better then D, or E was better then F, it just all goes on personal preference. What is for sure, is all these revisions where limited production and all had there unique sound.

So all you people that think this term shouldnt be used, get off your **** high horses, your c or d is no better then the E or F, just different. Technically they are no better then the G, but the G revision is just not special because it was in mass production with many many made.

Gear-Monkey said:

Silverwulf,

Nice amp bro. In resonse to my previous post in this thread, I wanted to point out that if you wrote "pre1000" in your craigslist post, most of us would have known most of the information that you provided.

Just food for though. I'm actually one of the rare few that isn't opposed to the "pre1000" term. ---because in my mind (because of the tranformers and for the year) these amps are unique.

Granted, not as unique as the pre500 -- but close enuff to have their own label.

Gear-Monkey said:
Silverwulf,

Well, it's actually not "pre-1000"...haha. I had the serial number written down (can't find it on my mess of a desk now), and the amp is at my practice spot...but it was it was around 1100 if I recall right, made in Nov '92.

I'm moving gear around a lot, because I'm a gear *****...:lol: I may end up keeping one or more of what I have, too...you never know. If I keep both the Rev G and the Rev F with old trannies, I may even send in the F to be modded to C or D specs just to have something different. All of my gear is in great condition if anyone is interested.

BTW - I agree with siggy about the "Pre-G" label being more appropriate than "Pre-1000" since we've already established that there is at least a good 300-400 after that 1000 mark (and we're still not sure where it ends) that are identical to the Rev F's leading up to 1000.

Gear-Monkey said:

Silverwulf,

How can you tell revision E ?

Latest posts

Back