2 Channel Triple Rev F. Kudos to Mesa Hollywood

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zerofivefour

Reaction score
Wanted to share this rev f. score with the the board as I believe that some may find this head interesting.

I picked this up from Mesa Hollywood last week. It's a rev F, 2 channel triple. A fabulous head that I bought because I regretted selling my old rev f. triple blackface/chrome about 10 years ago. Saw this for sale and bought it immediately.

It was re-shelled,(complete with new diamond grate and Large Mesa medallion on the front), outfitted with new tubes throughout, covered in brand new embossed 'king croc tangelo' leather, inspected at petulma factory, given a 100 percent good bill of health, and sold via Mesa Hollywood to yours truly for what I considered a steal.

I have had it for a few days and have it dialed in. It has the unmistakable tones that I remember. I also have a dual recto rackmount rev f., (in the rack next to head), which absolutely kills, but the triple rev f., will always hold a very special place due to it being my first recto that I owned/gigged, recorded and toured with for many years.

I was able to chat with Erin from Mesa on the phone, she was extremely helpful and provided as much info and history on the head that she was privy too. Needless to say the customer service at mesa is top notch.

Here are a few pics of the head. I know the leather and color won't appeal to everyone, but for me it is perfect as it suits my personality and playing style to a tee... and this head just kills it in the tone department, crushing as well as juicy tones at your fingertips. I've ordered a preamp tube kit from Doug's tubes which should arrive by the weeks end. So the tone will be legendary!

Cheers,

Tom

pics below:

First 3 are from my cell at my house, the last 4 are from Mesa Hollywood's ad for the amp.

mesabox_zps185e6f12.jpg

mesatriplebig1_zpsff2d4b2e.jpg

mesatriplebig2_zpscc747622.jpg

mtr1_zpsc91ebb8d.jpg

mtr2_zps9bf3b014.jpg

mtr8_zpsddeebd15.jpg

mtr7_zpsfc893de9.jpg

Congrats, that's a great score!
I saw it on evilbay for a while and wondered when it was going to be plucked.

Sweet amp, I love my Triple as well!

my god that s a beauty. I ve also bought a Triple rev F. should be arriving any minute now but it is a blackface only

congrats

Thanks for the kind words and positive vibes guys! Really appreciate it. :D

I need to get a cab for it now and I'm thinking about getting a 4x12 just for the head. I don't need a 4x12 to be honest, but that is what I had when I had my last triple and it would really make a nice "stand" for the head. LMAO

I may just go for another 2x12 if I can find one locally for a decent price though.

Cheers,

Tom

go for a 4x12. I might think you ll regret it if you don t
a mesa recto or traditional for that mesa sound

wildrat666 said:
go for a 4x12. I might think you ll regret it if you don t
a mesa recto or traditional for that mesa sound

Wildrat666,

You sir are absolutely right. I went to the Mesa dealer in Honolulu yesterday to have a look at the recto 4x12 side by side recto the 2x12. I made up my mind after seeing the 4x12. I haven't had a recto 4x12 in almost 8 years. After selling my oversized mesa recto cab I got the recto 2x12. The 2x12 is awesome and is more than I will ever need at this point, but there is just something menacing about the 4x12, (my preference is the slant). So I have decided it is going to be the 4x12 slant for the Triple head.

Good call and thank you for your suggestion!

Cheers,

Tom

2x12 is rated for 140w. Triple Recto is 150w... although you can use the tube/spongy settings to drop the output a fair bit.

Just thought I'd toss that out there.

screamingdaisy said:
2x12 is rated for 140w. Triple Recto is 150w... although you can use the tube/spongy settings to drop the output a fair bit.

Just thought I'd toss that out there.

Screamindaisy,

Thanks for the info. I had not even considered that.
Very good call!

Cheers,

Tom

That looks awesome man! Congrats on finding a Rev F again! Erin is awesome, too. Love working with her. Enjoy it!

-AJH

Latest posts

Back