1st post - new to forum; my Mark IV rebuild project

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeYourself

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am a long term lurker and decided to finally take the plunge :lol:

Well I bought the Mark IVa combo off ebay and its was so heavy lugging around which had the stock EVM 200 speaker.

I wanted a separate headshell and ported cab but couldn't get a stock boogie in Australia so I contacted a craftsman and we discussed what I wanted the timber, look, finish etc. Any how's here the project step-by-step from start to finish. Scroll to the end of page to see the finished result. I am floored by the results. Enjoy.

http://www.carltonguitars.com.au/resources/html/projects_2.htm#boogie

Alex

Genius, pure genius.

Do you live in NY?

I would pay you to work on my rig.

Haha not my doing. I live in Melbourne Australia, and found a local guy to build the amp to specs. He's never done a project like this, but built guitars and amps before, the thing he found was how incredibly efficient Mesa was in detailing so much amp efficiency and space in a combo.

I think he did a stellar job. I broached with him in 12 months time to do me another 1x12 ported cab or regular cab. Have always been intrigued by having a v30 speaker in a ported cab to go with this EVM 200 speaker ported cab. What do you think will these two speakers pair well ?

I take my hat off to guys who have the skills to produce stunning work like that.

Still reckon that Walnut finish triggers my brain's 'I NEED a Coffee' switch

Now enjoy that amp, but don't bloody scratch it ! :)

Not sure of head height but it's standard for a Mark IVa short head I guess.

I louve coffee macchiato in the morning and the world is peaceful one again.

The amp is at home, but am too frightened to transport it to church to play for fear of bumping into stuff..so am waiting for custom covers for the head and cab to be made will give me some relief.

Alex

Latest posts

Back