• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1985 mark IIc+ long head DRG .

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cremona

Reaction score
foto23f.jpg
[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]Late production nr (13.998) fully loaded mark IIc+long chassi head.

It comes with

12 sylvania/mesa str 415 6l6 tubes.
2 Nos philips/sylvania 6ca7/el34 tubes.
12 NOS rft and tungsram tubes
3 NOS EI 12ax7
1 2xf custom head cover .

ID card that says production date

4 of the 6l6 tubes are brand new mesa 415 str`s and cost 300 usd.
foto23f.jpg
[/url][/img]

She is in great shape and sounds like it was new but it could need a littel cleaning, the eq toggel needs to be replaced, and if you wanna run el34 it needs the pin mod wich can be done by enyone.
but IMO it sounds best with 4 6l6 in simul class
Other the that she is ready .

I kept it in its orginal head shell , so it looks like it would in 85.

regading sound
I had a upgraded C+ before and this sounds twice as mean, and the upgraded was no slouch.

I hunted this paticular head because its a late production nr, this amp would have been stading on the finish line ab out the time James and krik bourght there IIc+ heads.
Its brighter, meaner ,ganier, nastyer, I have yet to hear enything more ripping then this amp.

Had a blackface dual recto , and the c+ feelt twice as loud and because of that 105 PT it just has this tight lowend that you wouldnet believe you ears.

My price is 5000 usd incl shipping, alot of money but this issent just a c+ its a bone stock fully loaded orginal , and its in the uber rare wide head version.

If you like metallica , this amp would be what you hear on and justice for all, the upgragded c+ (also DRG ) i had had no where nere the shere growl and dynamics this one for sale has.
But ofcause that is just one part of the sound, you can get eny sound

I have paypal ebay account, and i good frinds with several people on the board.

here is a link with pics http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=49116&hilit=grail+cremona

its located in Denmark , but i ship to euro also and for the EU , i also have a good kvality stepdown convert (500w) i trhow in the deal.

I vouch for cremona and his tone clips, i've heard them on net musicians. This amp is not only sick, it transfers to recordings INSANE. Sad to see you sell the amp, man.

Hi Emil,

assuming your offer is set at DKK 5000 ..... :)

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert/?Amount=5000&From=DKK&To=USD

:lol:

He's in europe, so these things sell for a lot more over there. Just because he asks $5000, doesn't mean he will get it. plus he threw about $800 worth of awesome tubes in there, price includes shipping which will be a couple hundred to the USA, maybe more, so his asking price for the amp itself is closer to $4000, maybe less. The people who drive the price up are the buyers that pay the top dollar asking prices. It's like the guy tipping the hooker an extra $100 just drove the price up for the rest of us! :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: Anyone here could have bought this exact amp off ebay... I remember the auction well. The prices fluctuate all the time. An upgraded HRG just sold for about $3000. DaveP just sold a beautiful original hardwood HRG for $3300? if the first amp set the tone, then DaveP should have gotten $4000 or so. If someone wants it bad enough, they will pay. Since when does an individuals bank account balance have anything to do with the market sales price. Just because one buyer paid $1550 for a DR C+ doesn't mean a couple months later a DRG long head C+ won't sell for $4500. I'm not sure cremona's strategy, but most sellers put a little padding in the price. Or that's the price he needs in order to be happy not having his amp anymore. It's his to do with what he wants. When you think about it, he may only break even with everything he is offering. how is that selfish?

this is probably better in a separate thread

scott

Don't forget the really bad Dollar/Euro Exchange Rate. Yes! Cremona is in Denmark and here these Amps get are really expensive. Doesn't mean that everyone should try to sell his IIC+ to Europe. But let me do the Math for you. Auction price+shipping+customs+tax. Than tubes. $5000 is about 3500€! That's the usual price on a IIC+. I saw them going for 3000-4500€ here in Europe! And i would rather pay these $5000 in Europe instead of getting it shipped from the US for about $3-$4k because it will run the same! So i think cremona is not trying to rip someone off. Just getting the money he paid for this insane Amp. And i don't see anything wrong with that. Just saying because some people never dealt international and doesn't know what it looks like from a different perspective. I hope some people can now understand this situation. It just cuts my heart to see this Amp in the classified section. It will find a good home! If i had the money, i would definitely go for this. Just moving some gear at the moment. So maybe it will be still there.

But IIC+ sometimes sell faster than the speed of light :twisted: :mrgreen:

hI,
please note, by writing the last post, my goal was not to trigger a "price making ! price taking" war; it was more a gimmic related to ccy mention and nothing else :lol:

Rob is fully right. He could also take the reverse example by discussing about sport cars. A second hand Porsche Boxter (you know the Porsche dedicated to women :p ) can be found for about EUR 18 K in Germany, EUR 25 K in France and EUR 35 K in HK. Where is the truth ? That 's all about tax, import tax, avaibility, quantities, insurance, servicing fees, financing, Purchase Power Parity and robustness of economy.
These are the objectives/quantitatives reasons. When taking about C+, one have to take into account the special feature of this amp. The C+ thrill, scarcity, the fact that it will be virtually impossible to replicate this trademark tone ; well in one word : The C+ legend.
And then combining both the objective and the subjective sides, that could be comparable to Great Bordeaux wines.

Bottom line : there are no good or bad prices, there are only fair or bad deals depending on market conditions and the willingness of the buyer to acquire a special good.
:lol:

The amp was advertised as a none simul class head on ebay, and it went for 3700 usd plus shipping and I got two messages from bidders that the would pay me 4000 and more usd for it after the auction ended.

Since then I have bought for over 2000 usd tubes for it, trying to find the ultimate set which I did.

The 6ca7 tubes are the same exact as the mesa 416 , the set alone costed 200 usd

You cant compare the price of a factory DRG to this one ,and surthenly not a upgrade , this is a very very rare Long head late production version and if you wanna try track one down it can take you years and years, and it will only get harder with time.

This IS the Holy Grail , the one, the mesa amp over all mesa amps, the last and final incarnation of that sound.

I dont care what enyoe else things , i have done the research and i know that my price is fair compared to what exact amp this is.

the late ones soundS different and meaner and the long heads looks much better on a 4x12

:D ... I think there are really 2 sides to this. is it worth the 5k ? if somebody is willing to pay that, yes. if not, obviously not. the values of these things get determined by what is being spent for the individual one and as shown in the examples that fluctuates heavily depending on who is at what time in the market for one. the other side is the EU / US price difference, which you find as well in the new and used market. the math to a f.e. a german buyer is pretty simple. you will pay roughly $ 400 for shipping and 20 % VAT. your $ 3200 ebay USA amp thus costs you $ 4320 when you unpack it. you will need a good transformer, thus figure $ 4500 to play the $ 3200 amp the first time. probably its not been serviced a long time, maybe it needs new tubes. assuming that is the case, there is some work to do and you want to get 415's in there, you can add about another $ 700, making your $ 3200 amp a $ 5200 amp retubed and serviced. this just as basic calculation !

so, what is your suggestion please it should be sold for, so it fits your budget ?

what is totally beyond me is how good members of this board can be banned, yet it is ok to start such a discussion within somebody's for sale topic ? if you can't afford it, fine, move on. if you have a problem with the amps you want being out of your budget, start your own rant topic. what you are doing here is harming a serious for sale ad, which I find extremely uncool towards the seller.

I think everything was said before. And bigmouth is absolutely right. Wouldn't be able to say it better.

Hopefully we can now close the discussing and give everyone here the chance to sell his gear without being banned.

It may seem excessive to pay 5K for an amp but to play the devil's advocate a 59 Les Paul in poor condition sells for 40k and a good one 70k and we accept that as fact. We are all chasing tone here, and like it or not a IIC+is considered the Holy Grail.

Supply and demand! Just like waterfront property, They are not making anymore! I just hope they don't find a way to make us pay taxes on owning one :D

bigmouth said:
:D ... I think there are really 2 sides to this. is it worth the 5k ? if somebody is willing to pay that, yes. if not, obviously not. the values of these things get determined by what is being spent for the individual one and as shown in the examples that fluctuates heavily depending on who is at what time in the market for one. the other side is the EU / US price difference, which you find as well in the new and used market. the math to a f.e. a german buyer is pretty simple. you will pay roughly $ 400 for shipping and 20 % VAT. your $ 3200 ebay USA amp thus costs you $ 4320 when you unpack it. you will need a good transformer, thus figure $ 4500 to play the $ 3200 amp the first time. probably its not been serviced a long time, maybe it needs new tubes. assuming that is the case, there is some work to do and you want to get 415's in there, you can add about another $ 700, making your $ 3200 amp a $ 5200 amp retubed and serviced. this just as basic calculation !

so, what is your suggestion please it should be sold for, so it fits your budget ?

what is totally beyond me is how good members of this board can be banned, yet it is ok to start such a discussion within somebody's for sale topic ? if you can't afford it, fine, move on. if you have a problem with the amps you want being out of your budget, start your own rant topic. what you are doing here is harming a serious for sale ad, which I find extremely uncool towards the seller.

Well put!

Hey Cremona, it's hard to tell by the photo's in the link provided above, but, is the knob on the front on the far right the presence knob or reverb?

#2121313 said:
Hey Cremona, it's hard to tell by the photo's in the link provided above, but, is the knob on the front on the far right the presence knob or reverb?

Its the reverb.

Presence is on the back, it could be custom orderd at the time.

Il post some more pics, but im not really in a hurry to sell if you can imagin, but i cant play it for the next two years because i have to travel.

Like i said, I wasnt trying to be an *** about it, sorry if it came out that way. Not at all trying to hinder a sale in anyway. I must have skipped over where you have alot of tubes thrown in and where this amp was located. Economy is really bad here in the states and would never see an amp sell for this here. Good luck on your sale man. I hope you get it. I would love to have it. maybe if I win the lottery.

Latest posts

Back