What's a great tuner?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hello,
I'm looking for a very accurate tuner. I need something I can use while intonating guitars because mine just doesn't cut it ($15 Korg). What would you recommend for under $100, new or used?

Thanks

I love the sabine pedal tuner.

teejay has a great deal on one if it's still available @ 45 bucks in the classifieds.

great guy to deal with too.

NEX-5000-Tuner.jpg

any of the peterson tuners is the way to go, and getting your intonation spot on will be a breeze with one of those babys

regards

tetsubin said:
So you set up a computer for tuning when doing gigs or rehearsing? :lol:
Nah, I'm to old to even want to haul my gear anymore so I just play at home these days. But I do know of several musicians who have the same software loaded into their laptops so they can take it to gigs.

Why do they discontinue great products. Seems all munufactures do it. Maybe we are just too old and outlive too many life cycles! haha That DT-10 is a very well regarded tuner.

edit: They can be found on ebay in a different color and suffix "BR" (DT-10BR. (I found and bought one).

There are a lot of them on this auction!:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Korg-DT-10-Chromatic-Stage-Tuner-NEW-IN-BOX_W0QQitemZ320271471917QQihZ011QQcategoryZ22672QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Back when I had a rack setup (full 12 space), I had a very expensive tuner that was mostly for show (haha) because it kept going back and forth like a rainbow and I had many comments all of the time. I received great attention from it...I think it was a Korg.

GIG4FUN said:
Back when I had a rack setup (full 12 space), I had a very expensive tuner that was mostly for show (haha) because it kept going back and forth like a rainbow and I had many comments all of the time. I received great attention from it...I think it was a Korg.
I also have a Korg DTR-1 rack tuner and when it comes to accuracy it's not evan close to a Peterson, that's why I switched.

Just picked up a DT-10. Seems like for the rice, it's a very good tuner. Plus the reviews on Harmony Central were very good.

Hopefully it's accurate enough to intonate my guitar with!

TheMagicEight said:
Just picked up a DT-10. Seems like for the rice, it's a very good tuner. Plus the reviews on Harmony Central were very good.

Hopefully it's accurate enough to intonate my guitar with!

I think that you'll like the tuner. Rugged and easy to read on stage, even without my glasses. I've also used it to set my intonation and had no problem there.

On my board right now is a Planet Waves Tuner that I am demoing- built like a tank, easy to read, and a very good value at >$100..

I will prolly end up buying it....

Laskyman

I use a Boss TU-2 in my chain. It works great, and I believe it has a True Bypass...it doesn't effect my tone at all.

zeroeffect said:
I use a Boss TU-2 in my chain. It works great, and I believe it has a True Bypass...it doesn't effect my tone at all.

i read somewhere that it uses buffer... not a true bypass... but i agree, doesn't effect my tone as well...

Everything else is a distant second place to this tuner.

http://www.petersontuners.com/index.cfm?category=2&sub=16

I took my Fender DT-100 pedal tuner for granted until I played an outdoor show this summer. The LEDs on my DT-100 were the only LEDs visible on the stage.

I had to tell what channel my amp was on by ear, but my tuner worked perfectly.

It's not the most accurate tuner in the world (though it's more than accurate enough) and is a bit fussy to use, but it doesn't have a negative affect on my tone and I haven't seen another tuner that would've been visible in the conditions.

zeroeffect said:

Not true bypass.

Having said that 'true bypass' is bullsh*t. Look up things that guys like Bob Bradshaw and Peter Cornish have said about buffers vs. True Bypass to find out why.

Back