Best pedal/device to switch between 2 tube amps

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

interrogate

Reaction score
hey there, i was wondering could anyone advise me on a really good amp switching pedal to switch between 2 different tube amps please, i tried a cheapish sorta a/b switch but when i switched between my distortion amp to my clean amp i could still slightly hear the distortion amp, like just a slight buzz as if the signal was`nt completly switched over, thanks in advance for any help on this.

If you can find one, the Axess Electronics HS2 head switcher.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Axess-Electronics-HS-2-Two-Amp-Head-Switcher-MINT-hs2_W0QQitemZ260241501645QQihZ016QQcategoryZ22669QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Not my auction, but theres one for sale now.

-Chris

Boss AB-2 works just fine, and it's only about $30 bucks. Only drawback is it only runs on the AAA battery, no ac adapter. But it is noiseless. And you can connect it backwards so you can switch between two guitars into one amp.

if you need just A/B - I can build you one that has NO bleed and works wonderfully. I made one for myself because of the problem you're having. PM me if you're interested.

I modified a Morley ABY box that I bought used for $10.

It made my tone dull. I removed the two 100k resistors going to ground.

It sounds totally transparent now.

True bypass and you can go either way with it and no power required. Plus the price is cheap and it works great!!

Latest posts

Back