Mark III red stripe 60 watt combo non reverb- The Ultimate Metallica Tone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DimePantera1

Reaction score
Hello.
I own a Mark III red stripe 60 watt combo non reverb with a Celestion S12-150 watt Sidewinder speaker.
I can dial in an absolitely Lethal - Metallica AJFA/MOP Tone.
Does anyome else have this same combo amp?
Interested in your comments on this amp ?

Cheers
PS
Video to come!

I Have a EL34 tubed 60w Blue stripe Mark III combo with a V30 celestion speaker with GEQ and REV and it can get very good Metallica tone

Casey

I've owned 6 IIC+ and 7 III, all the options, and I will say that the 60s are my favorite to play. They are pissed off!

I have a 60W Red Stripe Export non reverb non GEQ incoming. Plan is to put an old Boss 10 Band GEQ in the loop.

My main amp is a June 84 60W IIC+ SRG- my daily player and favorite amp ever. Also had a 3/85 DRGX, They both went to Mesa for service by MB a some years back. The 60W, gigged its whole life, had only one pot and one cap replaced. A special amp. I hardly play Metallica but thought they both did that well, with the 60W calling that up instantly, and the DRGX not as easy. Made me think Metallica doesn't use export trannies, but I've since just come to understand that tone is more individual Mark amp-dependent than model/spec-dependent. I think there was enough variation between individual amps to make the whole run of Marks a box of chocolates. If you find a good one, keep it, and don't let go. No matter what the names of it is, or what the net thinks of that name.

Latest posts

Back