• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: TA-30 rackmount kit (head version)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

numinor

Reaction score
Hi Boogie Board – I know this is an odd WTB, but you never know unless you try ...

Mesa used to sell a rackmount kit for the TA-30 head. For reasons I don't know, they discontinued that kit but continue to sell a kit for the TA-30 amp that would be extracted from a combo. It appears to me that the only difference between the two kits might be the mounting holes, but I'm not sure – I'm capable of drilling holes in pieces of metal, but I don't want to bet two hundred bucks that that's the only difference I would need to get around (at least until the first/best option is completely explored/exhausted).

Is there someone out there with a line on a rackmount kit for the TA-30 head? If so, say hello! Thanks –

P.S. If any reader of this message has specific knowledge of these kits (e.g. the combo kit can work with a head with or without easy modification), I would be interested in that info. M/B, I'm willing to buy a TA combo kit if the preceding detail is accurate.

Hi, OP here. Thanks to the 400+ people who have been curious enough to click on my WTB. I don't know why you did, but your interest is ... interesting.

If any of you continue to be interested enough to check in here, maybe you have a few minutes to play a round of "see what you think."

This is the kit that fits the head:
https://store.mesaboogie.com/products/rackmount-kit-transatlantic-ta-30-head-chassis.html
This kit has been discontinued.

This is the kit that fits the combo amp:
https://store.mesaboogie.com/products/rackmount-kit-transatlantic-ta-30-combo-chassis.html
This kit is still available.

M/B provides just two photos of each kit, but take a look at both pages – I think enough is shown to make a judgment. Even though the build orientation of the amps is different, don't the kits look the same? Besides the tube cage/fan, there are just three parts to both kits: the front panel and the left and right side panels. They appear to be exactly the same, but I've been told in absolutely certain terms that they are not. How does it appear to you?

Back