Mesa Mark IV - External Switching Problem with RJM Mini Amp Gizmo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yillars

Reaction score
I have Mesa Mark IV Head version: A
I've recently bought an RJM Mini Amp Gizmo in order to switch the amp using Midi Signals.

There is a rotary switcher back of the amp (FT. SW + R1 + R2 + R3 + EX. SW) and I chose EX SW which is the correct settings to be able to use external switchers.

OAkMBmxl.png

There are 4 cables from the Amp Gizmo;
(1. channel) (TRS) - Red -> Connected to Lead Input
(3. channel) (TRS) - Blue -> Connected to R1 Input
(5. channel) (TRS) - White -> Connected to R2 Input
(7. channel) (TRS) - Yellow -> Connected to FX Loop Input

EiCOt8L.png

And I put my FX Racks to the Switchable FX Loop I/O. I'm not using Normal FX Loop I/O.

PXwTCzO.png

When I turned off all the signals of the Amp Gizmo, I could hear a clean sound but there is no indicator on any channel which is OK.

When I turned on only 1. signal, I hear Lead sound without FX Loop which is perfect.
When I turned on only 3. signal, I hear R1 sound without FX Loop which is also perfect.
Same for 5. signal, I can hear R2 sound only.

So, when I trigger 1. signal and 7. signal which I expect to hear Lead + FX Loop, I hear only feedback. But if I turned off 1. signal which is Lead, and will let 7. signal alone then I'll hear FX Loop + Clean. Because on the backside of the amp there is a section where you can combine the FX Loop to any channel. For instance, you can combine FX + Lead or FX + R1 or FX + EMPTY which I currently set.

I already checked the manual but I couldn't find anything there.

That's what I want to have;
(1. ) -> Lead
(1. + 7. ) -> Lead + FX
(3. ) -> R1
(3. + 7. ) -> R1 + FX
(5.) -> R2
(5. + 7. ) -> R2 + FX
(7. ) -> On any channel I want to be able to turn on and off.

I hope I can find an answer and here you can find a clip;
https://streamable.com/639g8r

Thanks

Hi.

Can you test the switch combinations with dummy plugs or shorted cables? So you could check the correct switch combinations first without the unit :) and after you’ve figured those out would be easier to program the gizmo. IMO

I’m trying to do the same but with the Boss ES8.
Without the trs cable connected to the lead Jack on the back of the mark4 I can switch the clean channel and the crunch channel but as soon as I connect the lead cable the lead channel bleeds onto all channels and I can’t separate any of the channels. Does anyone know what’s going on? Everything is connected properly, thanks in advance.

Back