Road King + Boss ES-8

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalheadpunk

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has gotten this combo to work well together? I’m trying to have the ES-8 control channel switching on the Road King via the external switch jacks on the amp. So far it has been pretty frustrating and I can’t get it to work at all. If anyone has made this work I’d love some help!

I don’t have the Road King, but I have previously setup my Mark IV and (just last night) my Electra Dyne to switch channels using the ES-8. It was frustrating, but I have a few different devices, and they all do it differently. I’m stating the obvious here, but you’ll only be able to switch 6 of the 8 RK functions, using 3 TRS-to-TS ‘Y’ cables.

The RK manual says the external switches use simple tip-to-ground latching connections. So, nice and convenient. Once wired up to the CTL jacks, you should be able to simply edit a Preset, select Patch, and page over to where CTL1 / CTL2 / CTL3 (etc) are labeled ON or OFF. Turn on the appropriate CTL number for your desired function, and save the preset using Write.

Thanks. I sort of gave up, the external switching wasn't working how I wanted. So I ordered an RJM Mini Amp Gizmo, should be here today!

metalheadpunk said:
Thanks. I sort of gave up, the external switching wasn't working how I wanted. So I ordered an RJM Mini Amp Gizmo, should be here today!
Nice. They make good stuff. I have their Switch Gizmo and Mini Amp Gizmo.

Back