Mesa Mark III footswitch question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trin

Reaction score
Hey Guys !
I was wondering if anyone knows how the single switch works. I mean I know how it is wired up but my question is when it is pressed, is the circuit open for the dirty channel and closed for the clean? Or does the amp "see" the switch being pressed by way of interrupting the power signal to the switch there-by switching the amp?

Anyone have any insight on this?
-Trin

Hello Trin,

Here is the schematic for the MK III Footswitch

mk3.jpg

Closing the switch grounds the switching LDR's thereby de-activating them and causing the re-routing of the audio path through the amplifier. The LED is off because the Footswitch bypasses the LED/ resistor.

When the Switch is open, the Amplifier switching LDR's are active causing a different signal routing. The LED lights because it is in parallel with the LDR chain.

I hope this helps

seeya

Joe

Hi,
I would like to make this footswitch for my mk3. I lack knowledge to manage the EQ and REV part and with to add leds.
Has anyone already to make and to test this kind of switch on their amp ?
If yes, is it possible to help me and to send me a diagram for this realization
gd6kpcjpzscf9etjuwbg.jpg

Thanks
See you

vtox said:
Hi,
I would like to make this footswitch for my mk3. I lack knowledge to manage the EQ and REV part and with to add leds.
Has anyone already to make and to test this kind of switch on their amp ?
If yes, is it possible to help me and to send me a diagram for this realization
gd6kpcjpzscf9etjuwbg.jpg

Thanks
See you

I have a mark 3 as well and want to do the same even if it requires multiple cables going back to the amp, have you had any luck? I'm super suprised after all these years no one talks about this or has a sution

Back