Triaxis/2:Ninety noob needs guidance!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mink

Reaction score
Hey all, I finally got my hands on the rack rig that made me drool in the ‘90s, the Triaxis/2:ninety combination. Early version, SN T0126, no mods, version 2 software. It even came with a fantastic-sounding cab. BUT! I have questions…

(1.) I’m hearing some clipping late in the chain, and it’s not supposed to be there. My levels are conservative. Is it the Dynamic Voice section crapping out? (I heard that can happen, and Mesa will fix it.) Especially on cleans it’s exposed. I need to back the master way off to truly clean it up.

(2.) Is there a correct order for the Switch jacks to be connected to the 2:Ninety? I don’t seem to get anything from the Switch 2 jack on the Triaxis, but when I use jacks 1, 3 and 4, all 3 functions on the power amp are responding. The reason this matters is that I’d love to hear the factory presets as intended, with the amp functions switching correctly.

(3.) The cab is a closed 2x12, recto maybe? I opened it up and the speakers are Celestions with no paint or stickers on the back, just bare metal. Mysterious! It would be fun to know what they are; they sound huge and well-paired with this rig.

Back