Rectifier Recording Preamp - Clean Channel Issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alesism

Reaction score
Hello All,

Please can someone give me tips on how to handle the issue at hand. The Clean Channel in the Rectifier recording preamp is sounding very weak. It used be bold, heavy and musical in the Clean/Fat/Brit mode. But regardless of which one I select, it is sounding very weak. I really have to move the clean channel Gain or Master Volume all the way up to get a decent sound. The bright toggle switch or even the pad switch doesn't seem to have any effect. It almost feels I really have to move all the rotary controls to the high setting to get something out of it. The channel 2 is fine though.

I looked up the tube layout for this preamp in this forum. As a first line of solution, I replaced all preamp tubes with Mesa SPAX7 except for the master live output tube. Still it is sounding very weak. Please can you someone give me some guidance? I use only recording outputs so didn't see a need to touch the master live outputs.

thank you,

I would like to know if you got it sorted. mine is starting to sound thin

I would like to know if you got it sorted. mine is starting to sound thin
1. Check your tubes. Replacing tubes solves 95% of tube amp issues.
2. Check your cables.
3. Are you using a Tone burst in front of it? No? Why not?

1. Check your tubes. Replacing tubes solves 95% of tube amp issues.
2. Check your cables.
3. Are you using a Tone burst in front of it? No? Why not?
Tubes have been changed & same issue. some have said maybe the capacitors need replacing?

tone burst? do you mean a boost?

Latest posts

Back