FU-2A Footswitch for Quad Preamp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JammyDodger

Reaction score
Hey All,

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for an FU-2A Footswitch? I would like to recreate one.

Maybe I should say... Can I build one using individual footswitches? I recently acquired a Quad Preamp with no footswitch.

Cheers, Mike

I made an incredibly basic one with some latching foot switches and then upgraded to a midi controlled switcher (Nobels MS-8). But before that I used a planet waves cable that had a mute switch on it - it acts like a latching switch. You can only use one channel at a time but it's enough to get you started.

You could get ahold of Michael Nielsen on you tube, the Quad he uses on some vids has toggle switches on the front, not foot switch needed. Had I seen that befor I sold my quad I would have had that mod done, just for conveyance's sake. I had an FU-2A, it only downfall(not really that bad)was you could not get it to goto the secret both channels on with it. I had to use a separate footswitch for that.
Lok

I dont have the footswitch for my Quad eiather. I use this.
1674768596743.png

Back