Anyone have a rare Mesa Boogie Rig-??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a one-off, hand built custom Mark I Re-issue. My best friend and business partner was one of the first 5 Mesa Artist endorsers. When his father died, Mike B. and Jim Aschow made him this unique amp. I currently am the custodian of it.

It looks like a Mark I Re-issue combo, but it is wired Pure Class A, Triode, and specifically designed for 6v6’s to be a sweeter Mark I style amp, kind of an “ultimate” Deluxe. They housed it in a hand-selected AAA flame maple cabinet, with a hand selected Weber Blue Dog AlNiCo. In Tweed mode with all four 6v6 tubes it puts out about 35-40 watts into 16 ohms and 7-12 watts with 2 tubes (Mike B’s estimates). It will run 6L6’s as well, but is voiced to kill with 6v6’s. The amp has a simul-class badge to denote it is not stock. It came in a hand made Kris Kraft flight case.

There is no other Mark amp like this one. (Shhhhh, he might be thinking of selling it).
Brent

I have 3 MK1's serial number 175, 275, and 480 in hardwood cabinets and 2 extension cabs. I can't seem to post a picture here

Does a JP-2C limited Edition count? 8) Serial 274 of 325. I'd like to post a picture but I don't know how to attach them

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM0U_Z8JNxT/?igshid=1ov52f3rlq8gd

Ive got an unmodified fully loaded Mark IIC. Not a plus but probably the most rare amp for boogie as they only did 10 months of production and a lot of guys sent them in to have the mod for the plus done so... not very many untouched out there

IIC+ imbuya DRG combo and matching 1x12 ext cab, great condition. pretty uncommon.

sorry, not seeing how to post a pic.

Sorry, not for sale. It sounds too good to sell. One of the best amp tones I have ever experienced.

Also I bought it from a friend I have know for more than 30 years. He bought it new and gigged with it for all these years. He sold it to me this year, and after restoring it, I feel like I’m the custodian of a unique piece of gear that holds good memories for both of us, with more memories to come. It makes it that much cooler for me than it already is. It’s keeper for sure.

cadspazz said:
Ive got an unmodified fully loaded Mark IIC. Not a plus but probably the most rare amp for boogie as they only did 10 months of production and a lot of guys sent them in to have the mod for the plus done so... not very many untouched out there

I have the same amp unmodified. The latest date on the amp is 2/84.

Imbuya cabinet and every option including the metal road case. The inside of the bottom panel has a date of 1/84 10. Imbuya. I'm guessing that's a type of wood.

Like you I'm wondering if having a late c modified to a c+ makes sense.
The sides of the chassis have 1 drg the transformer is a 100 version.

It has all of the original tubes.

I'm on the fence about the mod.

I have a pre Super 60/MKI Mesa 112 hardwood. Apparently a handful were made before the Super 60 8) Feature in Vintage Guitar magazine.

AAUgdyK.png

Back