Triaxis latest version any good?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve560

Reaction score
Hi Boogie Board,

I`m in the market for a Triaxis preamp and I will use it with my strategy500 power amp. After hours of reading about the different versions, I still don't know, what to choose or which version is preferable. I have the chance to buy one of the last Triaxis preamps made with serial number 8XXX.

It's like new but of course it doesn't have the Recto board. Because of the excellent overall condition I would prefer it over the older versions but some threads mention that the latest version was sonically a let down.

Could this be? Is there really a sonic difference from older to newer versions beside LD1? I thought the only difference is the LD1. Some say the latest version was muddy and soft and so on. I also could buy a TX4 B version with Phat Mod and and a TX4 version without.

Thanks in advance

Sounds great but I have a lot of high frequency hum in LD1. :shock: Is this normal?

Steve560 said:
Sounds great but I have a lot of high frequency hum in LD1. :shock: Is this normal?

White noise? Or something else?

Sounds like a high frequency ground loop hum, but I have that already when it's only on without guitar input or anything else.

Steve560 said:
Sounds like a high frequency ground loop hum, but I have that already when it's only on without guitar input or anything else.

What’s your power amp?

Back