QUAD PRE CH 1&2 VS MARK 2C+/++ VS STUDIO PRE C++

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome job mate...
Ide rank

1. 2C++
2. Studio C++
3. All together
4. C+
5. Combined Quad
6. Quad ch 1
7. Quad ch 2

Really a bit disappointed in the Quad here... C+ voicing is a little different than the rest... have you got a Triaxis mate?

Cheers I was using a different power amp with the quad I will do a recording using the C+ Power amp for accuracy
In the room the Quad sounds awesome

They all sound great, it got louder as you went along so the later ones sound better. I would take any of those tones. I own a Quad pre amp and combine it with a Rectifier pre amp through a Boogie Strategy 400 and it shames all other amps including my C+, C++, JP2C, Mark III, IV & V.

Honestly, I would take some time to dial in a much richer tone. At least, the way you recorded it, everything is coming across as fizzy and almost like the cabinet is lying on bed facing down. Based on the settings I see, a lot may have to do with you GEQ setting, and I'd also avoid having the treble on "10" on a StudPre- especially with the ++ mod!

These amps are capable of so much. If you listen to Master of Puppets, there is this juiciness and bounciness in the rhythm. Very "3D" sound.

Of course, this is just one person's opinion. Your playing sounds good, so I'm sure you'll end up with some nice tones. Good luck!

Definitely sounds better with the C+ power amp... where did you get all these mods done mate... ive seen some of your stuff for sale and its not easy to get this stuff where we live.

Nice mate... was it expensive shipping to the US? Might consider grabbing a studio or a 2nd Quad or mkiii and sending it over... did you buy both your C+ overseas? Ive never seen one for sale in the country... a few IIC but never a C+.

I Bought the Studio Pre already Modded with paperwork, I managed to get a 2C and sent it to Boogie early this year.
I sent you a pm with a breakdown of costs, pricey but don't regret doing it at all.

erickompositör72 said:
Honestly, I would take some time to dial in a much richer tone. At least, the way you recorded it, everything is coming across as fizzy and almost like the cabinet is lying on bed facing down. Based on the settings I see, a lot may have to do with you GEQ setting, and I'd also avoid having the treble on "10" on a StudPre- especially with the ++ mod!

These amps are capable of so much. If you listen to Master of Puppets, there is this juiciness and bounciness in the rhythm. Very "3D" sound.

Of course, this is just one person's opinion. Your playing sounds good, so I'm sure you'll end up with some nice tones. Good luck!

The sound I get in the room is spot on, the mic setup is not the best a Zoom Q3 video recorder in a small room. I had the recorder set up about a meter back in the middle of the floor, I will try to do a better one
It is set up for playing not recording sort of just wanted to give a comparison

JD said:
The sound I get in the room is spot on, the mic setup is not the best a Zoom Q3 video recorder in a small room. I had the recorder set up about a meter back in the middle of the floor, I will try to do a better one
It is set up for playing not recording sort of just wanted to give a comparison

I had a feeling it was the recording that resulted in the sound quality. Too bad- would love to know how they really sound in the room.

Back