Mesa 2:Ninety wired for Triode or Pentode?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaGod666

Reaction score
I was reading through the MARK V user manual and it says that the power section for the MARK IIC+ was wired for TRIODE. So, needless to say it got me thinking:

Is the 2:Ninety power amp wired as TRIODE or PENTODE?

Both. Class A triode, class AB pentode. Thus Simul-class, just can't switch them like in the V.

From the manual (not the best boogie manual)

Much of the 2:90's huge sound and spongy dynamic feel comes from its patented Simul-
Class operation. For those just now discovering the magic of Simul - a brief explanation is in
order. In late 1982 an experiment in tone shaping within the power section, using esoteric
power transformers and unique power tube wiring configurations, gave birth to the first tube
power amp that incorporated two types of tube power operating simultaneously. These two
types or "Classes" of operation were Class A Triode and Class AB Pentode.

iceman said:
Both. Class A triode, class AB pentode. Thus Simul-class, just can't switch them like in the V.

From the manual (not the best boogie manual)

Much of the 2:90's huge sound and spongy dynamic feel comes from its patented Simul-
Class operation. For those just now discovering the magic of Simul - a brief explanation is in
order. In late 1982 an experiment in tone shaping within the power section, using esoteric
power transformers and unique power tube wiring configurations, gave birth to the first tube
power amp that incorporated two types of tube power operating simultaneously. These two
types or "Classes" of operation were Class A Triode and Class AB Pentode.

DIG! That's why the Mark V sounded so much more ballsy through the 2:Ninety. I was slaving it out to test some new tones and really came across something epic.

2:Ninety has all the tubes running in pentode.
check the schematic.

Back