Anyone have a rare Mesa Boogie Rig-??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to own what I now believe is a very rare beast…..a Mesa Boogie Mark iic+ Colosseum head in white tolex, with the matching 4x12 cabinet (1/2 open, half closed).

DimePantera1 said:
Anyone have a rare mesa boogie rig?

Cheers & happy new year.

MK I prototype. Early pre production of the Super 60 featured in Vintage Guitar magazine.

zzNOf65.png

Thanks for posting that article. Could you please post the rest? What a beauty. Is the amp still fully functional? With that 12L in there it probably weighs a ton and packs a serious punch as well

mace said:
Thanks for posting that article. Could you please post the rest? What a beauty. Is the amp still fully functional? With that 12L in there it probably weighs a ton and packs a serious punch as well

Heavy as hell but not really carting it around. It’s a loud beast and less gain than a production MKI. Killer tones though.

xcwtRIR.png

z6AhwVn.png

t8HA6sd.png

MK IIC+ with matching Theile (Imbuya)
MK III with matching Theile (Bulbinga)
MK III stack (White) 1/2 backs
MKIV custom
Simul-Satellite

View attachment 1947

I had my Echoplex from 1974 until 1992. That's just great seeing one there if that's what that is.
I used to feel new tape into 3 minuet cartridge using blank 8-Track tape or tape from a 10.5" Reel to Reel.

Yes that is an EP-3. I do the same, I typically use 1-2 minute length tape for looping playback. :) I also have a RE-201 and a Fulltone Custom TTE. (You just can't have enough tape echo machines!) LOL I wish I could afford a Binson.

Back