Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned, Platypus

Nerd
Mark I

Re: Fillmore Overdrive Pedal Suggestions

Post by Nerd » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:14 pm

Nerd wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:18 pm
Hi bud

I'm using single coils 99%. My main guitar is equipped with 3x Kinman E56 but EP does wonders with my 2xHB Music Man too.

EP booster is always on and I can't see myself playing without one. Just makes everything "more". Hoof as I said is before my EP so it enhances its character but I'm also using Vemuram Shanks ODS1 (essentially twist of Nobles ODR1) after EP for a bit different flavour - brighter, glassier tones with lots of presence and solid lows. These two ODs and EP on dirty channel and I have all my drive needs covered.

I'm also using octave up fuzz (King Tone Octaland) but thats whole different story
Almost a year fast forward and I still have the EP with drive channel half way and the octaland to spice up the solos. All other overdrives are gone. I'm using Boss EQ-200 with drive channel too. Cutting bass, bumping low mids and overall boost a notch on front of the preamp and boosting the bass back again after the preamp. My strat is gone and I'm rocking my PRS CU24 almost 100%. The tone is solid and sooo inspiring. This amp stays. My Oranges are gone with the strats

Twang Banger
Bottle Rocket

Re: Fillmore Overdrive Pedal Suggestions

Post by Twang Banger » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:36 pm

I’m a huge fane of Rockett pedals. I have an Archer ikon, dude and .45 caliber in front of my fillmores ... heavenly!