Question for Mark V 35 owners

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevie C

Reaction score
Hello. I have a question for those of you who own Mark V 35'S, particularly the combo version. As much as I LOVE my fully loaded MARK III purple stripe combo, I'm toying around with the idea of possibly cutting it loose and going with a V 35. With the higher listed prices I've noticed as of late on the III's, it makes it a little more tempting. Not sure what they're actually selling for right now though. Right now, I occasionally gig(hoping to get back to a more regular gig), a lighter weight option would be easier on the body. I love the "bigness" of my III, but with venue's going lower wattage these days, that's also a consideration. I play classic rock(with a slightly heavier that typical classic rock tone), blues, country, Motown.....anything from Journey, ZZ Top, to totally clean. I also have an F-30 that's my lower watt option. It's a good amp but I prefer the Mark's. How big and full can you get with the V 35 combo? Want to stay with the combo size for ease of transport, etc. Have at it y'all.

Steve

I have a Mark IV, and recently got a Mark V:35 also. It's too soon for me to say for sure, but I think for most practical purposes the V:35 would be an adequate replacement/substitute for you Mark III. It definitely has all the character and sound - that definitive Mark series sound, plus the addition of the crunch channel option is an excellent addition. I don't know about stage volume; I rarely play at those levels anymore, and certainly haven't with the V:35 yet. Worth noting - the V:35 is the same size as the standard Mark combo amp, and weights almost as much - I'm not sure about the weight, but it sure feels heavy to me.

Thanks for the response. The V:35 is listed at 44 lbs on Mesa's website. My Mark IIII(with an EV) is probably around 65 lbs. As far a stage volume, my F-30 has plenty for an outdoor gig, so I'm thinking the V:35 will have at least as much.

I recently purchased a V:35 and have gigged a couple times with it. Both were small venues but had a pretty noisy crowd of about 50-60 people. Due to space constraints (and having to climb stairs) I opted to use it instead of my express 5:50+ combo. I did notice it had slightly less bottom end since it's a smaller amp but thought it had plenty of power to cover the room both times.

Attachments

• IMG_7775.jpg
    IMG_7775.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back