Subway Blues Tone Help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micstew

Reaction score
Hi all -
I'll keep this short - I have an F30 and a Subway Blues (the latter just serviced by Mesa, mojo module and all).
I'm using the Recording Out on both so, speaker, cabinet, and presumably power tubes - not part of this discussion.
The tone of the two amps are reasonably similar except that the F30 has notably more low end fullness.
Is there any way to nudge the Subway Blues to provide a little more meat on the bottom?
Any obvious component / tube swaps or easy mods to affect tone to the Recording Out?
Thanks in advance!
- Mike

Some pics of the SB to help fund this post's need for attention (and hopefully answers)... :p
Also welcome any other photo site recommendations.
sb11s.jpg

sb12s.jpg

Where did you get this head? Did you have it made? I’m looking to do this or have it converted into a 1x12

You could use an EQ pedal to pile on some more low end. Does your Subway head have an FX loop (supplied pics show that it does) -- if so, stick the EQ in there for the most pronounced effect? The other thing to note is that the more you roll off treble in Mesa EQ tone stacks the more dominant the bass and mid controls both become. But seeing you have both amps that have their own subtle sort of thing going on -- do you really want them to sound indentical anyway?

I always feel that in a recording scenario stacking up slightly different sounding amp tones really adds chacater to a track.

Back