Mark V 35 Repeat Factory Warranty Repair but Keeps Burning Up

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cryptical11

Reaction score
My Mark Five: 35 has smoked up again. I think I have a lemon and have babied the amp. It also smoked up on a gig a few months ago. It is under warranty and was repaired by the Mesa Boogie factory in California. They replaced one resistor and one ceramic capacitor calling out one hour of labor. I shipped the amplifier without tubes so Mesa Boogie installed all brand new tubes. The amp has only about 80 hours of play on it and has been used very lightly and at home because of COVID affecting gig scheduling.

Because the first time Mesa Boogie repaired the amp they only billed one hour of labor and two small components, I suspect they did not spend much time on diagnosis and only replaced burned parts without spending much time testing what may have caused the components to fail.

I called Mesa four hours ago this morning and had to leave a message but have not received a call back. Is Mesa Boogie still able and willing to keep their complicated amps working or what is going on?

Mesa has emphatically stated this amplifier is perfect and it must be something else namely the power of the venue. I have attempted to explained the amp has burned up at three separate venues so the power is not the same but Mesa Boogie customer service has remained stoic.

Mesa Boogie sent a new email showing why they are one of the best companies around. It is all good!

Back