Help with TC-50 Triple Crown and MIDI

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrspag

Reaction score
Hello fellow Boogers,

Long time reader, never posted much. I am in desperate need of help with programming MIDI on my TC-50. I have a Rocktron MIDI Mate. I am trying to set up the Midi Mate to change the amp channels and to turn on/off solo boost. I have read the manual for both devices and am hitting a brick wall.

I was thinking of using the Rocktron MIDI Mate to send MIDI Control Change Numbers to the TC-50. In the manual it gives the MIDI CC Number for each amp function. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to assign the MIDI Control Change Numbers to a button on the Midi Mate. I have read both manuals and I am totally getting lost.

Does anyone have experience programming a Rocktron MIDI Mate to do this, or any other approaches to make this work?

I would really appreciate any help anyone can give.

Hey buddy,

It's easier to just put together a bunch of settings you like and then assign them to a specific Program Change number.

The basic process is:
1. Use your controller (your Rocktron here) to send a Program Change number to your amp on the channel you have your amp set to.
2. Get the amp set up the way you want (channel, solo boost, reverb, fx loop, etc).
3. Hold down the midi store switch on the back of the amp for about a second.

You should be able to change the settings on the amp then, send the Program Change command from your rocktron again, and watch it jump back to the settings you saved in the steps above.

Control Change is useful for short-lived commands, like 'turn the reverb on'. Program Change is great for commanding the amp to change one or more things at once

Hi Mate, I don't know if you have your answers, but it is really easy.
I use a rocktron all access with my TC-50 Head.
-make sure head & foot controller are on the same midi channel
-switch to a preset on your midi mate.
-select channel on the triple crown. use this to also assign the fx loop, reverb, solo.
-on the back of the head, toggle the store switch

this should store everything assigned to the preset, repeat as needed.

the link below, is the midi rotary position
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1238940/Mesa-Boogie-Tc50.html?page=24#manual

the link below is the CC# table
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1238940/Mesa-Boogie-Tc50.html?page=29#manual

I found storing the channel requirements, solo, fx, and reverb easiest to set for presets using the store function on the amp.

hope this helps

Latest posts

Back