Which amp sounds like a Mark and Recto mixed?

Dual/Triple Rectos, Maverick, Blue Angel, Nomad, Road King, F-Series, Lone Star & Stiletto

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned, Platypus

kevinnguyen760
Bottle Rocket

Which amp sounds like a Mark and Recto mixed?

Post by kevinnguyen760 » Tue May 10, 2022 2:11 am

Anyone know if there is an amp that exists that has the roar and oomph of a Recto and clarity of a Mark? I own both a Mark IV and a Dual Rect. Or are there any pedals that I can use with the Recto to achieve the clarity of the Mark? Thank you.

CoG
Donating Member

Re: Which amp sounds like a Mark and Recto mixed?

Post by CoG » Wed May 11, 2022 3:56 pm

try going on the Recto's Modern channel, bold, diodes. Put bass at 7-8 o'clock, mids a little bit higher but still below 9 o'clock, treble at 1:00. start with the gain just below noon and the presence at noon. leave the mids and bass where they are and tune things with the treble, presence, and gain.if it sounds thin and bright mess with the presence first, if that doesn't work add bass in tiny increments.

master at least 9:30 but ideally you want to turn it up until you stop hearing a volume increase (this'll probably be right around noon) and then turn it back one "hour."

make sure the loop is not engaged.

If you have a cleanish boost with some kind of tone stack (I like the Xotic RC Boost) use it to nudge the amp and cut some of the bass coming from your guitar.

Rectos can do this, it just takes some tweaking. And volume helps.
Dual Rectifier Tremoverb 100 Head
MkIII Green Stripe DRG
Royal Atlantic RA-100 Head
Recto Trad 4x12
Also owned: Rec Pre, 20/20, Bottle Rocket, a bunch of Mark IIIs, a bunch of Rectos, a bunch of Mesa cabs, a bunch of other amps

kevinnguyen760
Bottle Rocket

Re: Which amp sounds like a Mark and Recto mixed?

Post by kevinnguyen760 » Fri May 13, 2022 10:23 am

Thank you!