TA-30 Drive Channel

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exxxpress550

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have someone who has offered me his TA-30 head for my Express 5:50 1x12. I have a 1x10 cab at home that I can run it into, so that won't be an issue. I typically run the Clean channel with the gain low and the volume up, and Burn channel with the gain dimed and an EH LPB-1 in front of it, always on. I get great, chimey cleans with tight, saturated drive. My question is this - will the TA-30 get to the same level of saturation that the Express does? It's not quite modern metal, it's right on the edge, which is where I like it. I don't want to trade for an amp that is going to have less drive and leave me wanting more. That's why I sold my Egnater Rebel 30 and bought the Express in the first place. Any help is appreciated.

I do not use my TA-30 for high gain mcyl. Having said that, channel 2's gain can be pretty gritty, especially when you kick in the gain "boost". I have never used the pedal you mention, so I cannot speak on it. I do know I can get some heavy tones out of the TA-30 when I kick some of my pedals in front of it.

For what it's worth, I had an Express 5:50 1x12, sold it and got the TA-30.

How far are you from the amp? Any chance of playing through it first?

The guy is local, at most it would be a half hour drive to test it. I'm probably going to meet him this weekend just to see it.

I would be curious to hear your thoughts after you play through it.

Latest posts

Back