New TC-100

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richprice79

Reaction score
I just got me a mint Emerald Green TC-100 and thought I would chime in with my first impressions. So far its a pretty great experience. My primary amp that I play these days is a Mark V 90 which I love so this one goes well with it. The cleans are extremely warm and with my active pickups slightly breakup in the most pleasing way with gain at 1 o’clock. Channel 2 is nice and smooth with a great rock vibe perfect for strumming rock chords. Channel 3 is a nice and harmonically rich hard rock channel that can dive into metal with a heavy pick attack or boosted though I personally don’t like boosts very much.

The more I put hours on it the more I appreciate the harmonics and overtones. The multi watt makes for some interesting tweaking by trying different Eq’s and gain/master settings. I think this one is going to have a long stay in my studio. Unfortunately this means something has to go and that will likely be my Mark V 25 as the 90 is my preferred Mark amp.

I am running the TC through a ported Randall 4x12 with V30’s.

I have much the same setup these days, though instead of the Mark V:25, I have the Mark V:35, with the Mark V:90 and a TC-100 that I got about 6 months ago. I use the 90 for my time-based pedals (Eventide Factors) and run the others straight. I picked up a Head-Track that I'll use for the TC-100 and the Mark V:35, basically setting up a choice of any of 5 channels on one side to work in tandem with the Mark V on the other. You're absolutely spot on as to how the TC and MV sound together! Just fantastic!

I would agree, the blending of a Mark and TC is a rewarding experience. I like to run the TC-100 and TC-50 in stereo and use the JP2C as a dry channel. I may use a delay with the JP2C and a room type reverb on the TCs.

To be honest, Since I have both, running the TC-100 and TC-50 in tandem sounds much better than each amp by itself.

+1 on the Mesa switch track.

Back