TC-50 went silent while playing. Checked connections/power tubes/master fuse. Am I missing anything?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadCell34

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So yesterday while I was playing and the volume on my TC-50 just dropped out. You can hear a very very faint sound, but you can hardly hear it over the guitar (acoustically).

I have a spare set of EL34s (currently have 6L6s installed) that I put in after flicking the bias switch. Still nothing.
I also checked the master fuse, but I was still getting lights so I knew that wouldn't be the problem. I also plugged my pedalboard into my other amp, so pedalboard connections are not the issue.

Could the preamp tubes cause an issue such as this? Also, is there another fuse that I may be missing?

I'm fortunate that I do have a Mesa tech about 30 miles away and my amp is still within the 5 year warranty window if taking the amp in for repairs is necessary.

This happened to me and took it back to the dealer for repair under warranty.... I'm not sure if I have the records of what they did! But, when I cranked the volume I could hear the tubes "singing", so I knew the amp wasn't dead. It was not a tube issue, I do remember that since I rolled them when the problem first occurred.

Back