CabClone IR???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobbieBoyette

Reaction score
Is there any way to update with firmware the cabclone in the TC50?

I personally found cabclone in the amp useless. Sounded horrible to me.
I ended up with a Boss WAZA Tube Amp Expander and use my Ownhammer IR and it sounds magnificent recorded and in front of house at live gigs.

Anyway, when I saw that Mesa has a new "CabClone IR" standalone that they are selling...it made me wonder if they are thinking about doing something for those of us that own the TC series amps.

There is no firmware to update. It's all hardware in the cab clone. I have the JP2C with it built in and like you am not crazy about it. I'm sure Mesa will be more than happy to sell you a cabclone IR though!!! I'm using a Two Notes captor x and I'm really liking it. Sounds way better and is way more flexible with moveable mics, dual outputs and other processing if you use their IRs. You can use your own IRs too, but can't adjust mic placement.

I have the 2 notes torpedo captor as well.
And it sounded a million times better than the built in cabclone. My Tube Amp Expander sounds a bit better to me (especially since it "reamps" the tc50 and allows me to set the volume to the speaker at any volume in a different way than any other attenuation I've used in the past).

But I was just wondering if perhaps they had "future proofed" the cabclone and made allowances to update it's abilities via firmware update.

Wishful thinking I suppose.

But the TC50 is still an incredible sounding amp! :)

Latest posts

Back