Clean Channel (CH1) way louder than CH2 and CH3?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, just wondering if this is a normal thing or if I should worry... my TC50 (head) Channel 1 is WAY louder than the other 2.
To give you an idea, to have an equivalent volume across the three, the master settings are like this: CH1 @ 10 o'clock, CH2 @ 2 o'clock and CH3 @ 2 as well.
I tried putting the gain and EQs all at the same and still a big difference in volume. The only thing I have not tried yet is to change the pre-amp tubes

Everything sounds awesome, no complain about this at all... and I can deal with that ok by turning down the CH1 master setting.
It has been like that since day 1, bought brand new
There are worse things in life (!) but I thought I'd fire the question here to see what your answers will be

Any comments or ideas?

Thanks in advance
Cheers,

Try swapping pre-amp tubes around and see if things change. Check the manual for the tube function chart. V1 is clean only, as is v2. Try swapping v1 or v2 with v3 or v4 and see if the situation flips.

Mine isn't "way louder"...but yeah, the clean channel does seem to have a lot of volume. And I'm not talking about the perceived difference between clean and distorted. My TC-50 has a loud clean channel.
If I put all the three channels with exact identical settings...the clean channel is the loudest hands down.

That's a bit strange to me. My TC50 master volumes are all pretty close to each other, roughly in the 12 o'clock range. Even when the "pushed" toggle is engaged, there isn't that much difference in volume. Not really sure what could be going on there.

Latest posts

Back