What types of effects are you using with The JP2C+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lokair

Reaction score
I am asking are you using pedal board, or using an all in one Axe FX, Boss GT-1000, Headrush pedal board etc...

I have a pedal board now with a 4 wire set up , with a black loop before the amp and one in the loop to segment stuff as i saw fit.
1. guitar cable into tuner Korg pitch black , then to the black loop
A. Loop 1 Tumnus mini then to Crybaby WAH Zak Wylde version
B. Loop 2 TC electronics Brain waves
Then to the amp input
send to black loop 2
C. Loop 1 to Boss PH-2 (phaser) then Boss CE-2B(bass chorus) then Boss DM-2(delay)
D. Loop 2 to TC electronics Ditto x2
Back to amp.
It's very quiet set up and easily controlled and really lets the JP2C do all the heavy lifting when it comes to tone and drive.

BUT
I just bought a Boss GT-1000 that I am running in the 4 cable plus method
Before the amp, in the loop while using a sub out to goto the PA with a Impulse Response.
On other setting i am using an internal amp and IR to the PA for more control while still using the 4 cable method to the amp for stage presence.
This is a way more complex set up initially but should be easier and cleaner as I work out all the settings needed.

Let us know what how your using your JP2C+ and effects

Lok

I use an AXE FX in 4CM.

Before the amp I have Volume, Wah, Compressor, Chorus
After the amp I have Delay, Reverb

I have a couple others that I never use and am experimenting with.

This is my current Preset for the JP2C. I've setup a preset for each amp that I use as main rhythm, a separate one for just Axe FX and Matrix if using Axe's amp blocks, and one for direct to monitors. Although most of my time is spent in the real amp presets.

Axe FX Preset - JP2C by Thaymz, on Flickr

Scenes are setup as:
- Acoustic: Top line to output 2 for piezo signal direct to monitors with chorus / phaser / compression
- Clean: Chorus
- Driven Clean: Drive
- Rhythm: No FX
- Lead: Wah / Volume pre - Delay / Reverb post

Global:
Midi block controls KHE / JP / GCX
USB input for Reamp

Now that's a great set up Thaymz,
I am hoping to be able to pull that off similarly on the GT-1000, that is the only Effects unit(Axe FX III) I wanted more than the Boss, but alas I am not actively playing at the moment. I am ready at the drop of a hat and the GT-1000 does bass well too and I play fretless in a Spacey/Jazz Trio on occasion. But I agree about the JP2C, its all the tone I need and any effects unit is just that effects, Not an amp unit.

Lok

This is what I'm currently using into the front of the amp. The RJM controls everything. The footswitch off to the side Starts and stops recording in my DAW. The reverb pedal I only use when I'm going through my Friedman Dirty Shirley.
y4mh23rJVj-cUKUQ97ji2aZKmgnj64Fcv1VSKaGATy4tVFGFcq0BbmI47ejXgZdgYrbp7V6qLfTfkZ5VCTENqZCGb1d-caZeBi7C817JsyhLGLFipzAc0DH5OmO0OGa0hydvylGVgysjFojlm_m9N-S5p0gug8N1-frsUUKuNJhmUrKQUUbD4LE6Dx3bkrRJ5hl

TJT73,
How do like the RJM for switching the amp, did you make presets? and then its ala cart for the effects? or are using all program set up? I was actually looking into that controller (the 10) because of the inserts for in the effects loop. I use a ground control plugged into the footswitch socket in the back of the amp (supplies the ground control with power). I have used that as an amp controller with a GCX as my controlled pedal loops but was bit larger than I wanted. Now when using my pedal board, I use the Ground Control just as an amp controller with a few presets built for specific sounds (IE channel 2 with shred on, or channel 1 no EFX loop and reverb on) for quick changes with no tapdancing. I am hoping in the end to just use the GT-1000 to control the amp as well as be most of my effects.
On a side note how do you like the D1 .

Lok

The RJM is awesome. I do make presets set up in banks. It's nice because I can make changes on the fly with different pages I have setup. 1st page presets, 2nd page loops, and 3rd page amp switches. Through midi you can switch all the functions including shred (although I don't use that).

The D1 is really nice for having different delays recallable through midi, but it gets a little hissy with higher gain sounds. Given that I prefer to run everything up front (not in the FX loop) I expect a little noise from some effects, but it's not audible while playing really. I've always been in the habit of switching to the clean channel of my multichannel amps anyway because I'm also not crazy about noise gates.

I agree about noise gates, I have yet to really use one, I have added one in the 1000 to one patch just to try it, but really don't need it. I have a love hate relationship with Shred, love tightening up of the low end, but it needs a tone knob added for those us not using screaming hot pickups (Master PAF's). I use the efx loop a lot, but lately I have been using almost no effects, just a looper and a wah(very sparingly).

Aside anyone been having problems finding Mesa Power tubes new?

Lok

Mesa branded/tested tubes are pretty much non-existent these days. Don't know when that will change. I just recently got new tubes when one of mine flaked out a few weeks ago. I went with new production Tung Sol STRs. So far they're working fine for me.

Thanks for the advice on the tubes, just was wondering, did you have to have a rebiasing done?
I am not worried as I am not playing seriously with any one at the moment, and I have really taken to my GT-1000 for practice, but always like to have a set of tubes ready to go.
Lok

I ordered the tubes from Tube Depot and just specified what amp it was for and they made sure they were in the proper range for me.

I use an AX8 4CM. That way, if the amp goes down live, I can just changed to patches where the FX loop is instead swapped with an amp block and keep rocking. The signal chain goes something like: Gtr > gate > drive > comp > phase > FX loop> JP-2C in > FX out > AX8 in > chorus > flanger > delay > reverb > JP-2C FX return > Mesa 2x12. It's also convenient to swap the FX loop with an amp block if I want to skip the Mesa preamp, use the AX8 amp models and just use the JP's power amp.

The MIDI switching is especially useful.

Dotonfire,
The AX8 was something I should have looked at, but I missed that one when shopping. I almost got the AX FX II XL , or the XL+. I was thinking in 2016 JP was using one. But again i am sure that the effects are top notch and the editor works the same as the FX series.
Lok

Latest posts

Back