NAD Custom JP2C

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkstar2

Reaction score
Hi guys - I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I wanted to share with the group my custom ordered JP2C which arrived from Sweetwater (I ordered through them 13 months ago) about a week ago. It's serial no. 1930, and was built in their latest run of JP2C's from mid-August through late Sept./Oct. of 2022, if anyone is tracking that info.

Now, can anyone tell me how to post a pic? Do I have to host it somewhere else?

You can see the amp here: https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/nad-custom-jp2c.359166/

So far I'm absolutely loving the amp - it's got quite the range of tones, from MOP/JUSTICE/BLACK ALBUM to HEATHEN and beyond!

Thanks Eevil! The amp certainly is a beast! Perhaps someone on this forum can help me, however — I can’t seem to dial out the fizz… no matter how I’m setting the presence or graphic eq, I always hear a “ripping or tearing” type of fizz. Maybe it’s my 2020-built Mesa vertical 2x12? It doesn’t have a lot of hours on it… I have a 2017 Mesa recto horizontal 2x12 and I can still hear a good deal of fizz…

My best results have been with presence pulled at 9am or less, or pushed at 10am. I also have a 50w Stealth and have dialed out it’s fizziness by keeping the highs and presence set pretty low.

Darkstar,
The Fizz is not supposed to be there, I am guessing either bad tube(#1 is the main suspect) or perhaps noise is the power, try plugging in to another circuit where your amp is at.
Trouble shooting should start simple, set up channel one, two and three with the settings in the manual shut off all extras (reverb, efx loop, even the eqs) , listen for fizz. if it present on all three try a different guitar cable, and work from there.
My JP2C is 5 and half years old and the Ser # is in the early 1000s so that makes less than a thousand built since 2017, Hmmm
Let us know what you find.
Lok

Reason for edit was had the idea of my serial number(i thought mine was in the 1800's, that the one i was looking at buying as second ooopppps).

Maybe you got a Mark V mode in there?

I jest, I jest... Lots of posts on here over the years about the fizz or ice pick of the Mark V. I've had the V or 11 years now. We have our ups and downs but I won't ever sell it! Mostly ups, for sure!!

Hi again dudes -- yeah, regarding the 'fizz', I did move the amp to a different outlet in a different room with a different cab (1x12 C90 cab) and it does indeed sound more correct and less buzzy/fuzzy. I think the cab I was dialing it in through is a bit too green. The amp has the same amount of noise as my EVH stealth. I also get a pretty loud pop on my first channel change/switch when I turn the amp on. Anyone else get that? I understand those are relays, and they can go bad... it's like clockwork though - first channel switch from clean to ch. 2 triggers a loud pop. It goes away after that.

Dark,
Yeah the pop on first channel change is somewhat normal(may also happen if the amp has been on for long time without changing channels).
I dont ever hear it anymore as soon as i power up but before I switch off standby ,change the channel. Good to hear the noise problem was cured.
As to the pop its just something the JP2C+ does.

Lok

Latest posts

Back