Brand new JP2C owner here. Looking for help.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Rey

Reaction score
Hello out there.

Before I send this thing back to Mesa for evaluation, hopefully one of the great minds here can help me out...................I've played thru numerous iterations of Mesa Marks thru the years. The one thing I found with virtually all of them was their ability to cut and sit well in a loud band mix. All channels. What some people refer to as strident, stiff, unforgiving are the exact things I love about them.

I own lots of different amps (Wizards, SLO 100, Friedman Small Box, Matchless, Carr).

One thing I never try to do is make one sound like another.

I find Mark Series amps very muscular mid forward sounding. To my ears every single one I ever played thru can be made to virtually rip thru any loud bands mix. Regardless of speakers, or enclosures. All the MArks I've ever played thru had a seriously outsized personality that trancends all speakers or enclosures, if you understand what I mean.

I love Mark Series amps and was expecting at least some of what I just described in the JP2C, but I don't hear it.

This JP2C doesn't sound bad, it just doesn't cut like my ancient, trusty MKIV A.

It's brand new. Only had it a few weeks.

Of course I'm thinking rolling preamp tubes one at a time, then power tubes,

But my gut feeling is either this is just not the amp for me, or the amp has a problem,

Please, would love to hear if anyone else has experienced this.

I find iic and JP cut more than the Mark IV because the IV is more inherently scooped.

What are your settings?

Latest posts

Back