JP2C Revalve

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pocus123

Reaction score
Hi, I've had my JP2c for about 5 years hassle free. I recently lost all my tone and volume was struggling. I revalved the whole amp with Mesa Tubes and volume issue sorted and tone is nearly there. My tone is now really bassy even with the bass off and it doesn't seem to have that smooth/creamy sound I love about the amp. power tubes are both matching pairs but my preamp tubes are slightly different. V1 -V4 are now SPX7 (the ones with the shrink wrap) and V5 is a groove tubes 12AX7. I ordered 12AX7 from the store but this is what they sent and I had a gig so hd to install them. would these preamp tubes possibly be my issue? or may they be something else wrong with the amp

Pocus
I think the spxx in 3 or 4 might be your issue. I have spx7s in 1 and 2 and relatively little change to tone, ( I think I did have to do adjustment to ch2 and ch3, as well as the slightly tweaked the eq's). When I had tube issue I remember changing them one at a time and either 3 or 4 was tonally more drastic(been 2 years). Also check that you are in 100W mode, after I did my power tubes I was messing about and moved to 60w mode(then forgot) and was in 8ohm out and my tone seemed off and made adjustments that really sounded off back in 100w mode. Last but not least turn off the effects loop when making tonal adjustments til your close then turn it back on for fine tuning if you use the loop.

The Mesa tubes are great but now that your outta warrantee you may want to goto other preamp tubes, July I will be rolling in some tubes as my warrantee will run out.

Lok

Back