Cabinet choice at berdoom levels

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jjbc

Reaction score
I have seen this subject in this forum before but I haven't seen anything on how the cabinet choice is affected when playing at bedroom levels.

I'm playing a JP2C with a WideBody open back with C90. I play with an attenuator (-20 dB) so my bedroom level is around master at 10:30 for channels 2 and 3.

Would change to a recto cab with V30 be a good idea or is the cabinet choice unimportant when playing at bedroom levels?

Pick what you like. There are no rules.

I'm running two half stacks in my bedroom. Marshall 4x12s.

I also crank my 100 watt Marshalls in that room. I stick a pair of Etymotic High Fidelity earplugs in my ears, and crank away. Everything sounds right, but at a non-painful volume level...to me.

Just get a modern attenuator/cab sim. You're not sending enough power to the cab for the speaker or the cab design to work properly anyway. Trust me, once you use a proper modern setup (I'm a Two Notes guy but none of them are 'bad') you'll end up happily selling all your cabs except the one you need to jam or play places without PAs.

Back