Using a multi-effects pedal as attenuator?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jjbc

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I use my JP-2C in bedroom volumes at 60 W, which means that the Master of channel 2 & 3 is around at 7:30 and anything louder than that would be too much for my taste.

I have read in this forum that in order to get a good tone the Master of the channels should be higher than 9:00. Although I'm happy with my tone, I wonder if the amp could deliver an even better tone

I have a multi-effects Digitech pedal that I want to run through the FX loop for delay and chorus, it has also a master level. Would it work to have the Master on my amp at 9:00 and adjust the master level of the pedal to achieve the desired volume level? The idea is therefore to get the most of the amp at bedroom volume.

Thank you beforehand!

Sounds reasonable. I've put a boost pedal in the loop on the little Mark V:25 and I use that for a solo boost only. So, it would seem you could use a pedal in the loop to attenuate also. If it sounds good to you then no problem!

The best type of attenuator, I think, is one that absorbs the final output signal of the amp and attenuates that. In this situation you can crank up the amp, get the power tubes working and hot. So you can get that full live sound but attenuate it down to bedroom levels. These attenuators tend to be a bit pricey but they do work well (like the Powerhouse or Red Box Pro etc.).

Latest posts

Back