Pull deep location - JP2C and iic+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thaymz

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a question for the technical boogie family.

- I run my iic+ into the poweramp of the JP2C
- I use slave out instead of FX Loop from the iic+ to capture power amp tone (inc the Pull Deep)
- Pull Deep is hardwired on in the JP2C
- The signal returns into the JP using the FX Return.

Questions
Is the Pull Deep after the FX Return on the JP as it seems to be in the iic+?
If so, am I doubling up on Pull Deep?
Is that a thing given the Pull Deep certain just allows the full range of the signal through? Or would it be adding more bass through than what would otherwise be if I just ran the c+ through its own power amp.

I've tried to A/B them to some extent but aside from ears being able to deceive you, there's a tonne of cables to rearrange the rig so I wasn't to get a more technical, circuit based viewpoint.

Thanks in advance.

Using one amp plug your guitar directly into the effects return of either amp and see if the pull deep does anything.
If I remember correctly the pull deep is removal of the negative feedback in the poweramp.

Just gave it a try, no impact from Pull Deep when using FX Send from the c+.

So Stephen would that mean that using the slave out I am inc negative feedback from the iic+ power amp into the signal and therefore it is present in both amps?

I'm not sure.

I didn't say use the effects send for anything.

Plug your guitar directly into the effects return using only one amp.
See if the pull deep does anything.
Do not have the other amp hooked up in any way. This only to test one individual amp.

The effects return pretty much is the poweramp input on most amps.

The slave out is a tap off the poweramp in most amps. This isn't true with all amps....but most of them.

If the schematics online are correct, the pull deep is on the cathode of the make up stage after the verb and loop. So yup, you are doubling up on the pull deep. Doesn't it sound very too scoopish, woompie? I once went out of the slave out of a triple rec to a poweramp/cab in addition to the regular recto speaker out, and it added a scooped sizzly thing to the sound. Which, was kind of cool, but it seems like doubling up on the pull deep on a mark would be too woofy. But if it sounds good, it is good. I once heard a guy put a studio pre with graphic into a bass 400 with graphic - doubling up on the graphic - and that was very earth-shaking, I suppose kind of what you're doing.

Thanks man appreciate it.

So to the second question, if Pull deep is just deactivating the bass cut then rather than adding signal or doubling up its just running full signal in in both stages of the signal?

Not sure what you mean by "adding signal" and "both stages of the signal". It seems pull deep is permanently activated on the JP2C, whereas on the IIC+, you can deactivate it. Have you tried Stephan's idea yet? All that matters is if it sounds good or not, not what may or may not be dictated as "full range". IMO, however, it may sound too scooped and artificial without an external eq.

Latest posts

Back