Best cab for TA15?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphasports

Reaction score
Howdy, I just about sold my Electradyne today but couldn't go thru with it and decided to keep it. WHile it was on the block I played around with my long-ignored TA15 for awhile, matched to a 12 Recto cab. While A/B'ing the two I discovered the TA at least thru the Recto sounds awful. Tinny, light, lousy. ED sounds monstrous as always, TA is just meh. I assume it's the recto cab not the amp...

What do you use?

OK just lit up the TA15 again in the other room where it's always been sitting, mostly unused...and it sounds great! Go figger... A/B'ing against an ElectraDyne is prolly not going to end well for the little TA anyway (not to diss the TA, it's awesome). Wondering if I screwed up the cabling when I moved it to the other room yesterday, but there's not much to screw up even with a pedalboard in the mix. Dunno, whatever.

Have a great weekend everyone ;)

I have a 90s vertical Mesa 2x12 half back with the metal grill and it sounds great! It sounds good with any amp really but the TA sounds HUGE through that cab! I'm running a Heritage G12H30 and a Made in British V30 (chinese V30s sound about the same if you're wondering).

I'm considering getting a Mesa open wide back 1x12 as I am finding that the TA-15 is really "honky" in the midrange with my Mesa Mini Recto 1x12s (sealed) with V30s.

Anyone running the Mesa open back widebody 1x12s with their TA-15?

I'm considering getting a Mesa open wide back 1x12 as I am finding that the TA-15 is really "honky" in the midrange with my Mesa Mini Recto 1x12s (sealed) with V30s.

Anyone running the Mesa open back widebody 1x12s with their TA-15?
Yes, I use a 27" wide 1X12 open back cab with the stock C90; the one that was built for the Lone Star Classic head (hence the extra width from their normal 1X12 cab). It sounds great with that cab. I also use my Matchless 2X12 open back cab if we do outdoor gigs in the summer with my TA15 (it sounds huge) and I've used the Quilter BlockDock 1X12 cab with it as well, and had the 101 head strapped in the back as a "hiding-in-plane-sight" backup just in case.
Here's a shot of the quilter cab with my TA15 at a beach party gig last summer - we're always mic'e to FOH so I didn't need the big Matchless cab.
eFKFFRK.jpg

Here are my favorites for the impressive swiss army TA-15 lunchbox:
23" TA cab loaded with a blue
Thiele with EV or MC90
4x12 - OS or Trad and it might surprise you
4x12 trad wl redbacks

I AB'd about 8 mesa 1x12's with it and decided I didn't like 1x12's but the wide open blue and thiele's stood out sounding great. 19" cabs suck imnho.

Good keep on the ED. The ED and RA might be the most under-rated boogies now that people seem to be figuring out the IIB deserves its own place.

Latest posts

Back