RA-1000 footswitch problem or amp problem???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wingnut

Reaction score
Hey guys, I bought an RA100 last year from a guy. He claimed to have lost the original footpedal but included a 3rd party pedal. When we met he disclosed that the pedal had faulty wiring and would only switch between clean and low gain.

After about 10 months of searching online I finally found the proper RA pedal, and you can imagine how far my heart sunk when it did the same thing. Clean to low and no high unless I manually change modes.

Also secondary and probably unrelated... The reverb doesn't sound like anything happens when I turn it on.

The closest mesa authorized dealer to me is 1 1/2 hours away. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? Was it something you can fix with a soldering iron and time or do I need to grab my ankles and take it to a boogie repair shop?

Okay, so bear with me because I don't have my RA100 in front of me, it's at my buddy's rehearsal space.

So the switch that *should* change from vintage lo to vintage hi doesn't work (like, you step on it and it does nothing?) First, dumb but necessary question, are you using a TRS (stereo) cable for the switch? A regular guitar cable won't work. Have you tried both the front and rear footswitch jacks? Are you sure that you have the mode select switch set to "Clean/FTSW"?

For the reverb, you're sure that you have the reverb bypass switch set to "on", right? Then you have the Mode Defeat set to "on" as well?

Sorry if you've been thru this all already, I'm just asking because the RA's control setup is like 500 miles from intuitive.

Here's a link to the official manual from MB's site (yes, they host the PDFs externally)

https://mesa-boogie.imgix.net/media/User%20Manuals/royalAtlantic_110607.pdf

Latest posts

Back