TA-30 Inevitable Problems?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voodoo Child77

Reaction score
I found a TA-30 for the right price, but remember reading a few complaints/problems from members on this board. Are they all problematic when it comes to the reverb and effects loop? Should I look for a TA-15 instead? Thanks for any help.

I think the problems were more associated with the earlier production models. I bought mine used and have had no issues with the loop. If you want, I can get the serial number range for mine. But, it will have to be after the weekend - mine is at church right now.

The only "issue" I have had is some of the wattage settings may have some hiss ... depending on which outlet I plug into.

We didn't have practice last night. I will have to get it for you on Sunday. Sorry.

Mine is in the TA30-0028xx serial number series.

Again, sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

I bought mine (1x12) used 5 or 6 years ago. I don't use the loop but I do use reverb.

Weekly practices, 8 or 10 gigs a year, zero issues.

It's still one of the best sounding amps I've ever used. And it is the most reliable.

I found a TA30 1 x12 combo a few weeks ago to partner my Lonestar in a stereo set up. It is truly wonderful. Everything I hoped for and more. I don't tend to use FX loops and use a Ventris for reverb, so I wasn't concerned about the notorious noise issues. Having tested it out, I do have to report though that barring one strange very minor issue that I've posted about in a separate theead, I've not experienced any such issues. In fact I'd go so far to say that the loop is possibly the best I've ever tried.

Obviously orhers have experienced problems, but if the loop/ reverb isn't vital to you, then go for it.

Thanks for all of the replies. The plan for this amp wouldn't require the loop or reverb so I guess I'm good to go. But...things may change down the road and hopefully I don't run into the problems.

Back