Channel 2 Problem with TA-15

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonesboogie

Reaction score
I have a Mesa TA-15 Head that I purchased in 2010. The second channel (tweed/HI1/HI2) has lost power, barely audible no matter what wattage setting. I have tried swapping tubes, no change. Channel 1 is alive and screaming. Any suggestions or ideas on what the problem could be? :(

When looking for cabinet for this amp, I picked up a Vox Night Train V112NT. The cab is 16 ohm. The head has 4 & 8 ohm output, I connect it to the 8 ohm jack. From what I've read this is ok. I have since picked up a Bogner 8 ohm cabinet, haven't had a chance to hook it up yet. Want to make sure the amp is ok. Could the 16 ohm cabinet have damaged the amp? I love the tones from this amp...when its working properly. It seems to be "fiddly" most of the time. :|

Hi,

I have (almost) the same problem in my TA-15 (serial #01349)... The Channel #1 works fine (both with the 4 ohm and 8 ohm outputs). Concerning the Channel #2, eventhough it works fine at 4ohm, it fails miserably when using the 8 ohm output. More specifically, there is a dramatic volume loss when using the 8 ohm output after few minutes of playing .. Tricky, isnt it? I swapped tubes, tried different speaker cabinets (4 and 8 ohm), cables etc but no luck ... on top of that, no Mesa Tech close to my area and the amp is out of warranty. any help is deeply appreciated

Regards,

Pascalis

I took mine to qualified tech and he couldn't find anything wrong with it! I was baffled, played it in the shop it was fine. Got it home and it started "cutting out" after a few minutes. I recorded it with my phone and texted it to him, he said try some tung sol tubes...so I did. It worked fine for a while, then the "vox" channel 1 started doing the same thing! Cutting out, sputtering like an airplane engine getting ready to crash! It is frustrating, I love the tone and versatility of the amp but I wont Gig with it...to unpredictable! I've thought about checking all the solder joints with chop sticks, because it seems like a logical possibility...a bad solder joint.

Jonesboogie did you get this resolved? There's a post "TA30 giving out" just below yours that has same issue. One of the posters states TA has a phase inverter tube that could be the culprit.

Latest posts

Back