Electra Dyne vs Deluxe Reverb [Video]

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollis

Reaction score
I wanted to see how Fender-y the Electra Dyne's clean channel was. Also, how an amp reacts to pedals reveals a lot that you might not hear whilst just playing clean tones.

Check it out:

http://youtu.be/f_1BH7bYR9A

Very nice tones my friend and great chops as well. The Electra Dyne takes pedals so well and it always takes me by surprise even though I know it, lol. You can really here that in your video. I will say this, and I'm being spoiled here lol, but you should duplicate that video except play that PRS. Just saying, lol. Nice work.

screamingdaisy said:
Nice demo.

How's it sound through the Fender's speaker?

That's a great question. I did some recordings running both amps through my clone of a 2x12 horizontal Recto cab that I built myself. The two amps sounded almost identical. I'll make another video this way, running them both through the Fender's Jensen speaker, and using the PRS.

I think all distortion pedals kill the dyne. The only one i use is the sp comp, just to set the breakup so if i play at small places i do not need to crank up the dyne so much. I tried a lot of pedals, but all seem to change the tone. I like its own distortion and overdrive. All i use is a filter, wah, octaver, phaser and delay. And the sp comp in the end of chain. Ok the fenders i play help a lot.

Thanks for the video. Very good comparison. I'm happy to say that although the Fender sounded very good, I liked the clean channel of the ED more. Thank goodness since I own an ED. The Ed is much more versatile too with the added gain stages.

Back