Problem: Mark V35 Switching w/EM Customs MIDI Box

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsthedon86

Reaction score
Hi all,

New here, but not new to the Mark V:35. I picked up a MIDI switcher interface from a Polish company called EM Custom (https://emcustom.eu/amp-midi-switcher-interface.html) after seeing videos where channel switching, EQ on/off and solo boost on/off worked seamlessly.

I received the box today and immediately had issues.

My MIDI controller (Morningstar MC-8) and the EM Customs MIDI box work fine together. A MIDI signal gets sent from the MC-8 to the MIDI box, and from the MIDI box to the amp's footswitch jack. That all works. However, the pop between channels and functions makes the amp **** near unusable. (yes, I know the channel pop is a thing. I've had two MV35's, a full-size MKV, a Rectoverb, a Dual Rec, but this is ten times louder).

Troubleshooting steps I've taken: replace V6 phase inverter tubes, switch MIDI cables, move MIDI controller to isolated power supply, etc. - no luck. I've also contacted EM Customs (great guys to deal with) and they're as stumped as I am.

Any thoughts?

It does not. It's significantly louder. I've since returned the MIDI box and am looking for an alternate solution.

itsthedon86 said:
It does not. It's significantly louder. I've since returned the MIDI box and am looking for an alternate solution.

kinda water under the bridge now :) but the speculative thoughts were the I/O signals it was sending was probably in an unexpected order or with a timing pattern that didn't allow for proper relay settling. Would venture to guess a Mesa Matrix wouldn't have the same type of issues.

Hello.
It is Marek from EM Custom.
I have to confim that early lot of V35 switcher had pop issue.
It applies to V35 version only.
We replace the malfunctioning devices free of any charges.
Just contact us.
[email protected]

Back