Just need some guidance on my first MESA.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cboisits

Reaction score
Hey guys. I need a new amplifier. I personally like high gain, and my Marshall DSL40CR is not cutting it. I want a MESA, and I want one badly. I hear so many good things about the Mark V. Should I start there?

It all depends on what you want as far as versatility. There's a Boogie for all types, from complicated (Mark IV) to super simple (Fillmore 25).

For high gain with options, it's the JP2C. It is so so good at high gain you'll flip. The Mark V is very versatile for rock and metal but the JP2C goes further with the gain and there is 2 high gain, almost twin channels and a great clean channel. The JP2C holds it's value better than a Mark V.

The smaller Marks MarkV25 & 35 are good but not JP2C good.

Markedman said:
It all depends on what you want as far as versatility. There's a Boogie for all types, from complicated (Mark IV) to super simple (Fillmore 25).

For high gain with options, it's the JP2C. It is so so good at high gain you'll flip. The Mark V is very versatile for rock and metal but the JP2C goes further with the gain and there is 2 high gain, almost twin channels and a great clean channel. The JP2C holds it's value better than a Mark V.

The smaller Marks MarkV25 & 35 are good but not JP2C good.

+1 on all of the above.

Whoa. That JP model is expensive. I want to stay under 2k. All I need is Fender Cleans and Hi-gain. Not death metal,..but high. Therein lies a possible problem. I heard that the Fillmore does only a classic rock gain. Am I wrong?

The Fillmore has a lot of gain, but not over-the-top like the JP2C.

Where I live, I'm able to get really good deals on amps, including Boogies used. Buying used, I was able get most every amp made by Boogie and Marshall. My Boogie rig cost me $900.00 and I bought it off of eBay. It is a Quad Preamp and 50/50 power amp. It does high gain and sounds phenomenal.

Latest posts

Back