Fillmore 25 cleans vs Mark V 25/35 Cleans?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GazzaBloom

Reaction score
I have a Mark V 35 combo and mostly use the clean channel with overdrive pedals but am curious about the simpler layout of the Fillmore 25. I've seen some nice vids with the Fillmore getting some really nice just starting to break up tones and wonder how the Fillmore stacks up vs the Mark V clean channel?

Am I missing anything on the Mark V clean channel vs the Fillmore? I don't find the Mark V want to do a particularly nice clipped clean on the clean channel

When I was shopping for amps I tried a couple of Fillmore 25s and didn't care for the clean sound. I found it to be a little dull. I liked the clean sound on the Fillmore 50 a lot. It was deeper, fuller, and more complex. I suppose, with the 6L6 power tubes and larger cab, that makes sense.

But, I also liked the Mark V:25's clean sound better than the Fillmore 25s that I played. I find it easy to get a good clean sound on the Mark 5:25 and it sounds good. I liked the Fillmore 25s reverb and mid gain sounds better than the Mark V:25.

I'd like to give the Fillmore 25 another chance. It'd suit me better than the Mark V:25 in most ways.

Back