Extreme or Mark IV mode

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boardn10

Reaction score
Hey guys,

For my bands high gain sound, I have really settled on thre Extreme mode. However, I was reading today in the Mark V manual that Mark IV mode has more and deeper low end than Extreme, yielding the biggest and chunkieat heavy riffing. Have you found this to be the case?
I have found the opposite, that Extreme is bigger and chunkier sounding. Am I missing something?

Just put an eq pedal in the effects loop, nudge up 100 Hz a smidge, and then decide on the mode on the basis of everything else you like about the tone.

Thanks, I don't use the loop. It's sounds and feels so much better with the loop bypassed.

The IV mode is bigger and deeper lows than c+ mode but to me the Extreme is the biggest sounding. Has more authority and is less liquid. It’s been a while since I read it but I think the manual was referring to the IV relative to c+ in that context.

I may try the loop again but this time with just a small patch cable, to see if it still sounds and feels better without.
If I get an EQ, I may grab the Mesa Five band EQ pedal, or the Orange Two Stroke.

Thaymz said:
The IV mode is bigger and deeper lows than c+ mode but to me the Extreme is the biggest sounding. Has more authority and is less liquid. It’s been a while since I read it but I think the manual was referring to the IV relative to c+ in that context.
I agree, the Extreme mode sounds the biggest for high gain. I also love the Crunch mode for low to high gain!

Back