90's Grunge/thicker tones and Cleans from mark v

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elvispoo

Reaction score
Hi all I recently purchased a mark V and I'm a super newbie when it comes to tweaking sounds but I would like to know how i would go about trying to get a grunge/thicker sound out of the mark v.

The same with the cleans as well i am trying to get a thicker tone though i would like to add i play out of a prs guitar i recently purchased and really dont wanna switch off guitars :cry: any help is appreciated!

I play with another guitarist who uses a rockerverb and i just cant help notice that i am fender levels of brightness which i dont want

Try the Mark I mode in channel 2. May need to roll back bass on this channel as it is thick and dark. Crunch with presence and treble below noon can also be an option

mace said:
Try the Mark I mode in channel 2. May need to roll back bass on this channel as it is thick and dark. Crunch with presence and treble below noon can also be an option

ill give that a try thanks my dude

Try Ch2 modes and boost up and experiment with the 240 and 750 HZ EQ sliders. There is a lot of “thickness” to be had in there.

I'm not sure it is what you are after, but some grunge has rediculous amounts of gain, so you may try a distortion pedal in front of the amp as well to really make it sizzle a bit.

I could use some help getting a thick clean on channel one with a brighter guitar, anyone have suggestions? :cry:

Back