Mark V 35 vs Mini Rectifier 25

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Someone requested a comparison between my Mark V 35 and my Mini Rectifier 25 and I thought it was a great idea! Both amps are amazing but they have very unique voices and features. The dirtier it gets the bigger the differences are between the two. I love both so I wouldn't want to choose so luckily I don't have to :)

I did clean, crunch, rock, lead and metal-ish tones and I featured all the channels and modes (all on the highest power settings). I dialed all the tones in a particular way to suit the music of the segments but of course the amps are even more versatile than presented here. For example, I did a 'british' rock tone on the crunch channel but that channel is also great at high gain/metal. All the amp settings are shown during the video so if you like the tones you can copy them and try them for yourself!

So which one would you choose based on this comparison? The Recto has more low-end oomph and sounds more scooped like you'd expect from a Recto but the Mark has that nice articulate and tight midrange-y sound. The Mark V can be a bit more tricky to dial in because of all the variables and the way the tonestack works but it is more versatile because of that. It's hard to beat the tone of a Recto though...

Ok, enough talk for now, here is the comparison:

https://youtu.be/DA8iamm661g

Thanks for that! I find that with the Rectoverb 25 (i think the same as the mini rec 25 but with reverb) sounds best *loud*. Much more so than the Mark which I think is great for bedroom volumes and gigs. The Rectoverb is pretty 'blanketed' at bedroom levels but just blossoms so nicely when driven at gig levels.

Yeah, I use mine for recording mostly but I tend to look for a sweet spot where the power tubes are just starting to cook a little.

I love your channel by the way. You have some of the best tones on youtube with killer chops!

richprice79 said:
I love your channel by the way. You have some of the best tones on youtube with killer chops!
I completely agree. You have some fantastic comparison videos. It helped me make a decision to buy my Rectoverb 25 instead of a Marshall Classie 20.

I'm also highly envious of your entire collection of amps and guitars. Keep up the good work!

There was one section where I thought the Recto sounded 'better' but I think you could get there with an EQ adjustment on the V-35. Either way you make both amps sound amazing.

The Mark V-35 is the most versatile piece of music equipment I've ever experienced. If someone is able and willing to take the time to learn the controls and how they interact, it seems like a no-brainer. That includes learning how to use the volume pot on the guitar, in combination with EQ (boost) and Lead Master boost. That gives you limitless tonal range especially between the two channels, then you get 3 different power settings to boot. 10W really feels and plays big in a bedroom, and 35W has plenty of clean headroom for a gig.

Latest posts

Back