Mark V with Revv g3/4 pedal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bankim

Reaction score
Has anyone tried either of the Revv G3 or G4 pedal with the Mark V ?

The G3 is suppose to be a flavour of the 5150 series, while G4 is similar to a Recto.. demos of both pedals sound nice.. but havent seen anyone try it with a Mark V..

Demos on youtube sound enticing but every time I power up my amp, The red channel goes - “Nah, I got you covered” :lol:

Never really liked flavoured OD's into my V. Clean boosts do it for me on ch1 and 2. Nothing on 3. I use "Amp driver" on the GSP, no idea what it's modelled after, possibly the MXR microamp of the 80's. Pushing crunch ch 2 with that definitely gets that screaming Marshall vibe. Sorry to not really be relevant to your question.

Wayno said:
Never really liked flavoured OD's into my V. Clean boosts do it for me on ch1 and 2. Nothing on 3. I use "Amp driver" on the GSP, no idea what it's modelled after, possibly the MXR microamp of the 80's. Pushing crunch ch 2 with that definitely gets that screaming Marshall vibe. Sorry to not really be relevant to your question.

Its cool, appreciate your input.
I do have a Digitech RP1000. Maybe I should start tinkering with that.

Honestly I don’t think the Mark V likes distortion or OD pedals much. Gets too mushy. Unless you are dialed waaay back on gain and even then I prefer the gain on both channels 2-3 over pedals. I do run a mojo mojo of on channel two for solos but i have gain in mark 1 mode about 1 o’clock max. Even then sometimes i wish i could switch the mark 1 mode from medium to heavy distortion with a footswitch.

Bankim said:
Wayno said:

Its cool, appreciate your input.
I do have a Digitech RP1000. Maybe I should start tinkering with that.

Dunno much about the RP other than it shares the same processor as the GSP. Don't know if it has the "amp driver" model in it or not. Maybe not as i think it was added to the GSP as part of the unofficial beta updates an employee of digitech done on the side.

Anyhoo, i would guess that if you do try the pedal you mentioned in your original post you would want it into ch1 set as clean and neutral as possible??? I'm guessing here though? Maybe my ignorance is the cause of my dislike of flavoured OD's?

Wayno said:
Dunno much about the RP other than it shares the same processor as the GSP. Don't know if it has the "amp driver" model in it or not. Maybe not as i think it was added to the GSP as part of the unofficial beta updates an employee of digitech done on the side.

Anyhoo, i would guess that if you do try the pedal you mentioned in your original post you would want it into ch1 set as clean and neutral as possible??? I'm guessing here though? Maybe my ignorance is the cause of my dislike of flavoured OD's?

Yeah, I would put it on Ch 1. Just looking for a different flavour of distortion.

On the other hand, I am really happy with my Mark V after the V6 12AT7 change. Ch 3 feels a lot more compressed and love the tones when I am playing on my own. Playing with a band, it gets lost in the mix quite easily. This is just a matter of EQing it right and I am sure I ll get it done next time I jam with a full set of instruments. Also, Ch 2 has become my goto lead channel these days, when playing with the band. Playing on my own, this channel sounds piercing but in the context of a band, it just shines through with all the goodness you'd expect from a tube amp.

I guess its just about adding different flavours at this point. Does the quest for the ultimate tone really end ? It doesnt. GAS is never ending. :lol:

The AT7 mod is great, been super happy with my V since doing that. Just wish I had more time to play. Hope you find your flavour OD!

I just borrowed a Revv G3 from a friend ( he is looking to sell it) and have been using it with my Mark IV, I know not exactly what you have but similar. In addition to the 3 channels, I run a Tube Screamer as a stand alone and to add to channel 2. I was initially thinking do I really want or need another distortion option especially on a Mark IV; how could I justify it? The Revv G3 run on channel one sounds incredible. I equate the difference in tone of the G3 vs standard amp when playing on channel 3 for a while then turning on the EQ sliders and the amp just seems to have more depth and comes alive. The G3 just adds another level of depth and clarity over channel 3 with EQ sliders engaged. I believe I justified having this pedal as part of my rig and most likely will be buying it from him. Side note, tired in effects loop and in front and I feel it performs better in front of the amp.

I agree the Mark V is not great with OD's/Dist on the front end - Has anyone tried putting the G4 straight into the FX loop bypassing the Pre-Amp and just using the Power Amp of the the Mark V?

Latest posts

Back